Busa Down & Out

OB_jeffw

Registered
While riding today, I had the quick cutout problem (8 times in 5 miles). My temp hit redline, bike would start after 5 minutes, but run real rough and would last 1/4 mile then die again.

She is currently at the shop with a copy of the fuel pump stuff that was posted here. Guess we will see what happens.

If this is my problem, I would like all of you that have had this problem get with me. I would like to send an e-mail (or letter) to US Suzuki about this and include names and VIN if possible.

Send me an e-mail if you have had this poop.

-jeffw
jeffw@fatman.pro-libertate.com

Sorry to hear about that Jeff. I was hoping you had escaped the infamous cut-out problem since you've had your Busa for a while without experiencing that yet. I'm at 3200 miles and still holding my breath. About the time I think I might not get it someone else reports the problem. Thanks for offering to gather info on the Y2K Busas. I'll be anxiously awaiting. I'm most concerned with colors offered. Also let us know what the solution for your cut-out ends up being.

Welcome to the club. I'm at the legal stage in an attempt to get my money back. It's been cut-outs all the way for me, from 4 miles on the clock to 900. My dealer hasn't a clue and nor has Suzuki (according to them anyway). I've had enough. I'll post my serial number and other details in due course. By the way, I'm a U.K. owner.

Good luck.

Sorry I did not intend to leave out the UK or any where else in the world with this problem. I'll start with letters to Suzuki USA and go up from there.

I'm still at the point where I think the busa is a great bike. Not many troubles with mine (good for a initial production run).

Back