Busa @ Brainerd

OB_DEWEY4

Registered
Hey, just taking a break from watching some racing on Speedvision. They're covering the Brainerd race and did a special report on Rad's race busa. Are any of the board members in that shot. Just wondering, because I remember going over some Brainerd messages from a while back. Also at the beginning of the program they're showing some of the spectators sitting on their bikes and in the middle of the screen, BAMMM!!! a blue busa. So someone can now brag that their busa got air time on speedvision!

I talked with Rad Greaves (pronounced, BTW, 'graves') at Laguna Seca. He told me they would try to get the busa to hit 200 on the straight at Brainerd. Also organize a busa get-together. I'd also like to know what happened there.

Did Speedvision mention the 200mph mark? I can't get it here and it's driving me nuts.

Rad was hitting about 179 on the 1 mile straight. One of the mechanics said it is topped out and regearing would hurt the bike in the corners. I guess he'll have to add a 7th gear to hit 200!

The Busa had electrical problems just before the last turn and he had to push it in. They fixed the problem and he came out a couple of laps later. On the last lap Rad hung a wheelie for at least a 1/4 mile. Nice come back but he was very depressed.

The Blue Busa was the race teams in front of the pit for advertising.

Suzuki only gives them two bikes and a little allowance for parts. If I knew the email of someone on the team I would get a T-Shirt from them. They only had XL at BIR. I bought a hat though. Any one know the email for Rad or crew?

How about if all 1400 members of this board send the team $50.00? Maybe then they could beat the 929.

Mike.

PS: has the 110 lb chick with the BMW and Busa signed up yet?

I talked to him on Sunday for awhile also. He was pretty bummed because he thought he would have been able to place for sure 5th or better which would have helped in the points. He was not to optomistic about racing at Pikes but was still looking forward to bettering for next year! I asked his crew if they ever have been to the busa sites but they said no. I enouraged them to get on line so will see.
Mike

Rad said it was hitting mid 190's on straights, but he was losing too much ground in the more technical sections to the smaller bikes so they had to adjust the chassis and gearing which made the bike's top speed suffer. He was running 9th at the start, moved up to 7th, then I went to write the last message. When I came back my brother said that he saw Rad pushing the bike back and they said nothing about the possible problems it could be. That's about it.

Thanks to one of the people on the Hayabusa mailing list I got Rads phone number and called him a few weeks ago. I offered him a free airline ticket if he would come to Daytona for Biketoberfest in October. He is thinking about it. So far no answer though.

I will keep you all posted

Don
rotts4u@aol.com

Back