Registered

DEPOSIT FAQS

buell 1190cc v-twin motor​

185 HP @ 10,600 rpm​

102 ft. lbs. of torque​

weighing 419 lbs.​

full carbon fiber body work​

2024 Buell HAMMERHEAD 1190​

More than three decades of racing, engineering, and manufacturing experience goes into every motorcycle we make. You won't be disappointed upon setting eyes on our newest creation: The 2024 Buell Hammerhead 1190. It has been built from start-to-finish with pride, joy and a relentless passion to bring you another world-class sport bike from the heart of America.

The buying public has been down this rabbit hole before-unsuccessfully I might add........Kind of like the Indian fiasco.....

That Hammerhead is one ugly beast....

I was disapointed when Harley let that book of business go. I thought that having a non-cruiser brand for their engines was a good long-term solution.

Not my cup of tea. Although I admit I was and still I am a big fan of the front brake discs. Raw power...? Ducati Diavel/Triumph Rocket 3. They are not following the market I guess.

Alpine Skiing Champions GIF by All-Round Champion

NHRA is still racing the Buells *

Last edited:
Umm....what's with a single rotor on the Hammerhead? I've never seen the inner caliper design like that? Anyone have experience with a brake design like that? What's it like to work on?

It's a big disc, so it has alot of surface area, which heats slower and cools faster.
Also consider that the bigger disc can allow the caliper not have to work as hard.
I have worked on a couple of Buells, and after, all I can say is that I find their designs very impressive.
A couple things were head scratchers, like how does that even come apart, or adjust, then the light bulb 'wow' moment, because of simple designs that actually work.
I've been watching those new Buells for a couple of years now, and really like them and the company, but, my hope is that limited service centers(think dealer electronics) will be a hindrance, as well as ever declining world wide motorcycle sales.
But, hopefully Kaplan Cycles can give them a boost too, and that Buell is sucessful now without Hardly-Ableson, and not forget that when Buell was with HD...his bikes were on the podium several times in World Superbike.

The "gills" on the side are reminiscent of the first gen S1000RR.

The Buell although a good pipe dream is just that....a pipe dream that will sadly disappear again...

Polaris thought the reintroduction of the Indian would have been far better as well.....I have yet to see one anywhere on the streets nor have I ever seen one at a Polaris dealership.

The "gills" on the side are reminiscent of the first gen S1000RR.

The Buell although a good pipe dream is just that....a pipe dream that will sadly disappear again...

Polaris thought the reintroduction of the Indian would have been far better as well.....I have yet to see one anywhere on the streets nor have I ever seen one at a Polaris dealership.
I read recently that Indian finally turned a profit last year for Polaris so hopefully this trend continues because the more bike manufactures the better in my opinion. I have seen a few Indians on the road and a guy that occasionally rides with me owns one but there nowhere near as plentiful as Harley's.

I did read that in one year Indian outsold all of Victory sales in 14 yrs so I suppose that is saying something although in all those years I saw 3 Victory motorcycles and have yet to see an Indian motorcycle.

It would have been really something if Indian stayed the course alongside HD all these years....in the end, I think Indian would have been the top US brand if they had....

There might be a market for Buell if they can get their marketing, sales and dealerships in place.....

We have an Indian store near us. Pricey like HD's.

Remember in the early '70's when somebody bought the name and imported small displacement stuff?

I thought the Hesketh was a pretty bike back in the day. I don't think they made many.

Thrilled the success of Triumph. Like to have one of those.

Back