Buddy down in Little Rock, AR

sessions

Registered
Matthew Duffy, had just bought and R1 he upgraded form an R6, he was still getting used to the diffrence between the bikes, He was full dressed in leathers, helmet, and gloves. He was at an intersection, the light turned green, he started making his way through the light and was T-boned by a car doing about 40mph. the back tire rolled over his body the bike was thrown about 20ft from where he was hit, and the worst part is the car tried to run, some people chased it down and stopped him. He is in ICU right now at Baptist Medical. he has several broken bones some spinal cord injuries, and a ruptured aorta. The wreck happened about a week ago and he is starting to talk alittle but the doc said it may be a year or so before he can walk again. He was a buddy from college I didn't know him that well but just wanted to put this out there for some prayers for this guy... Be safe and make sur you delay going through a light a few seconds to see if it's clear. this guy is only 23yrs old. I tried to find an artical but there was not one listed.

Sorry dude, prayers sent. Don't delay look both ways before proceeding. People blow through lights around here all the time, it's almost like they don't give a shid. My kids were raised on looking both ways after light turns green.

Sorry dude, prayers sent. Don't delay look both ways before proceeding. People blow through lights around here all the time, it's almost like they don't give a shid. My kids were raised on looking both ways after light turns green.

Thats What I mean, delay and look both way is what i should have said!!!

That is very sad...I always delay a little at intersections. Always slow up before proceeding thru and always delay some when light turns green. You just have to look out for yourself. With that being said, Matthew might have done the same and nothing could have prevented this if the other car ran a red light that fast. We all need to slow our lives up some and not always be in such a hurry.

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

images.jpg

Wow. Very sorry to hear, but glad he is starting to make progress. Be sure to keep encouraging him and let him know that other riders have him in their thoughts.

Over the years I've come to take an "us or them" mentality when it comes to my riding. Situations like this are the reason why.

I think it was the summer of 2007 we had 6-7 guys stopped at a light and a truck came up behind them and didn't stop..took all of them out except one he saw the truck in his rear view mirror and ran the light to get out of the way..3 people died, I was rear ended by another bike that same summer...I highly recommend keeping both of your rear view mirrors too...

Oh my! So sorry to hear that. Glad folks helped out and getting the driver of the car. Hope the recovery goes quickly. Prayers sent. :please:

The red light runners are the most dangerous drivers on the road. The cops are too busy giving speeding tickets to catch them. Hope your buddy heals fast !

Back