BT014's

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
I'm running BT014's and need a new rear soon. Running 35 psi front/rear and I weight 240 lbs. Suspension setup like Jinkster's thread except could use some front springs for more flexability. Anyway, two questions.

1. So these have a tendency to get slippery when worn down? Felt the rear drifting out a bit.

2. Am I missing out on some better traction for aggressive street?

Thanks.

Stock tires are OK for touring but not that great for extreme turning. You should try a set of Pilot powers or qualifiers. You won't get as many miles out of them, but you won't be disappointed with the improved handling.

My bike came with BT56- wasnt too bad--and they did start to spin easily- but YEAH-- YER MISSIN OUT!!! I have those brand new pilot powers-- sell em to ya cheep

(Suijuris @ Aug. 31 2007,20:01) My bike came with BT56- wasnt too bad--and they did start to spin easily- but YEAH-- YER MISSIN OUT!!! I have those brand new pilot powers-- sell em to ya cheep
If you don't want them and SA don't take you up on your offer shoot me a pm including shipping to 35661. I WILL take them.

(Suijuris @ Aug. 31 2007,20:01) My bike came with BT56- wasnt too bad--and they did start to spin easily- but YEAH-- YER MISSIN OUT!!!  I have those brand new pilot powers-- sell em to ya cheep
PM sent.

Hey Snap get the Metzler M3 man you will not disappointed they are awesome when it come to the twisties they stick hard in the turns

I think from previous queries that about 75-80% of the board run Qualifiers or Pilot Power.

Personally I have used Dunlop Qualifiers since I bought the bike, no basis for comparison here.
smile.gif
Great grip, unbelievable that a bike this size can wheelie and stoppie with the current tire technology we are blessed with!
super.gif

Count on 3000 miles or maybe less for a rear, and two fronts per rear. I tried to get three, but not even close!
laugh.gif

Thanks all. I decided to try out the 2CT's. Metzler didn't have the 190/55 profile I was looking for (or at least I didn't see it).

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 31 2007,19:55) Stock tires are OK for touring but not that great for extreme turning. You should try a set of Pilot powers or qualifiers.  You won't get as many miles out of them, but you won't be disappointed with the improved handling.
14's arent stcok 56J's are. The stock 56J is 198mm as well.

(SnapAttack @ Sep. 05 2007,07:04) Thanks all. I decided to try out the 2CT's. Metzler didn't have the 190/55 profile I was looking for (or at least I didn't see it).
Try a 180 55 if you want flickieness

super.gif

You will not be disappointed with the 2ct. They grip like crazy, and with the 190/55 profile you will see what I mean on Sunday.

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 05 2007,09:15) Try a 180 55 if you want flickieness
"flickieness"?!?
rock.gif

Is that a word they teach Marines, Gunny???

They may revoke your Jarhead card for using that...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Or send you to the Navy...
poke.gif
USN05

laugh.gif

(Shibumi @ Sep. 02 2007,18:19) I think from previous queries that about 75-80% of the board run Qualifiers or Pilot Power.

Personally I have used Dunlop Qualifiers since I bought the bike, no basis for comparison here.  
smile.gif
 Great grip, unbelievable that a bike this size can wheelie and stoppie with the current tire technology we are blessed with!  
super.gif

Count on 3000 miles or maybe less for a rear, and two fronts per rear. I tried to get three, but not even close!  
laugh.gif
dont you mean you go through 2 rears per front?
or are you wheelieing so much youre cupping out the fronts?

Back