Brocks v Velocity Stage 1

chunk1340

Registered
I have a Gen II. At the last meeting I ran a personal best with a 9.40, 1.533 60' with the Brocks AH, Brocks map @ 63" wheelbase. I know....... I should be doing better than that!!!

I have just fitted the Velocity Stage 1 Turbo kit and I'll be out on this weekend for its first outing.

For fun, what times do you think I should run? I'll start with a 10 something...lol!

Low 9 maybe a 8.99 what where your 60ft before turbo. Plus your going have to learn how to ride the bike again. How much do you weight, and how much power is bike making?

my guess...for fun.....the very first pass you do with the turbo will be 9.8

Have you had the bike tuned with the turbo and did you make any clutch changes?

To be honest I don't think you'll go quicker than you did before the first couple times. You'll have to leave in the boost and to be honest, I don't know your experience so I'm giving worse case estimate. think you might eek in the 9's with a higher MPH but your ET probably won't be close until you get familiar with it... :beerchug:

if it is your first turbo bike I will guess a high 10.
might get a 9 by the end of the day.
Just have fun with all the power and you will get the hang of the clutch after awhile.
At least it took me awhile to get the hang of the clutch on my turbo gsxr 1000. got to have the r's high and slip it alot on the 1000. busa may be better with more bottom end power, but the busa clutches really do not like to be sliped at high rpm like the gsxr 1000 clutches.
How many lbs of boost you runing? any boost controller?
post up the results. :thumbsup:

I weigh 235 in my gear. I am not running a boost controller and I will be running less than 6lbs of boost, a dodgy gauge showed about 4.5 on the dyno. I'll have a better, tell tale gauge from now on.

I just got the bike back from the tuner (a personal friend too) and it made 243 @ 131 ft lb's torque. a/f is 11.7:1. This is on a stock K8 motor and we are erring on the side of caution for the time being.

I will post the results, whether they are good or bad. :beerchug:

I had two days testing. 1st day the track was poor and the best I could manage was a 9.51, sixty foots were crap at around 1.62. Everyone was spinning up. We played about with clutch settings and took some timing out to try and get out of the gate.

Day 2, the track was a little better and I got a 9.44 at 149.99, I think the 60 foot on that one was 1.60. The worst run of the weekend was a 9.69.

I am pleased with the build, I can feel the bike is pulling better and I got better speeds at the 1/8 and through the top end traps. I need a better track to get my sixty's down and play with my settings. Overall, not a bad weekend, rods still on the inside (always a bonus). I'm at Hockenheim, Nitrolympx in a couple of weeks, track should be better there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back