Brocks adjuster on Pazzo levers?

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
I am getting ready to do the Brocks clutch mod to my 06.  It requires the new adjuster cam for the clutch lever in order to work - otherwise the bike will creep (according to Brock).  

When the bike fell over a few months ago I broke my brake lever so I bought a set of Pazzo's.  I LOVE these things and would hate to half to part with them, but I am going to have to if they won't work with my clutch mod.  

I just wondered if anyone has made the Brocks adjuster work on a Pazzo.  I doubt it can be made to work, but my bike is an hour away at my tuners right now so I can't look at it and see - thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone has been down this road before.

Thanks.

If you find they won't work with the mod let me know and I'll gladly buy the Pazzo's from ya..

At a discounted price of course..
super.gif

i take them too if DR1300R passes. sorry its not the ansswer you were looking for.

I’m not sure if you misunderstood Brock or what. The clutch mod will not make it creep and the cam will not stop it The big deal is the position of the lever in relationship to the grip with the stock setup. It is a long ways out. The clutch mod (one piece ultra mod or welding the stock parts) will not change that position. Also if it is creeping, it will do so regardless of the drum/cam. The drum simply moves the position

The Brock’s adjuster will not work with the Pazzos. Brock’s adjuster replaces the 4 position “drum†in stock lever with a 6 position drum. This allows the lever to be closer to the handgrip for the release. I’m running the Brock’s Ultra one piece mod. While I haven’t tried a Brock’s drum stock lever combo, my Pazzos have far more adjustment than the stock setup. A few guys at the track have played with my Pazzos in the staging lanes and liked the way the release felt compared to the stock ones. In my opinion, I’d stick with the Pazzos (sorry Doyle).

On the same note you need to blueprint your clutch when you install the mod. The stock clutch act a bit like a lockup increasing pressure under acceleration. You loose that increase when you do the mod. That is the reason it comes with .180†spacers to overcome this by increasing pressure on the pack. Buy 3 or 4 extra of the thick plates and 6 new OEM springs. Set the clutch stack up to 1.98-2.00 but target 2†total without goin over 2†Otherwise your clutch will be slipping pretty quick.

Creep is usually caused by the plates being warped. Make sure they are warped no more than .004â€. A flat surface ( you can use piece of flat plate glass) and feeler gauge works.

Using a good synthetic oil will help reduce clutch “grab†as well.

For added insurance, you will want to consider a clutch slave support or billet sprocket cover. The stock cast covers have broken with stock springs. They are more vulnerable with the spacers or heavier springs

Professor, just to be clear: you run the Brocks ultra clutch mod and the cushion kit with the Pazzo levers and have no issues?

If so then that is good news. Those Pazzos were one of the only cosmetic mods I have done, and I freakin' love em.

I’m not running the cushion kit. The 02 up Hayabusa clutch has a cushion kit from the factory that is similar to Brocks. While both have benefits for a 99-01 model, there is some mixed feedback on whether the Brocks kit is that much of an improvement over than the stock (02-up) cushion. I was not willing to spend $190 to compare it first hand.

Brock said that it's the cushion kit that requires the use of the adjust cam.

Since it's working for you I'll try just doing the ultra mod and see how that goes. I really want to keep these Pazzo's.

Thanks so much for the info - I can see why you've earned your screenname.
beerchug.gif

I feel the $$ the cushion kit cost would be better spent on a billet sprocket cover

Back