Brock’s AH on gen 1 without a tune?

If possible try and pull in the reins a little bit to avoid "empty wallet" syndrome. You will spend alot of cash trying to get "a bit more power". I've always felt the gains vs dollars equation always leaves one feeling flat. Flat in the wallet. :banghead: Unless your goal is to take it to the strip or beat your buddies Busa etc...you've already stated you have already experienced "running out of road"....all thats going to happen with a bunch of mods is you will run out of road faster.:laugh: I finally learned my lesson,I'm on my 5th Hayabusa. Just imagine how much dough was spent trying to get 10 or 20 more horse.
Lets say exhaust. I drilled holes in my stock exhaust end caps back in 2000.Then slip-ons.Then 4-1 full. The box mods.Filter upgrades.PC's out the jing-jang. Some go the big bore kit. Save yer money up,then go turbo or cheap out and do Nos.
NOW you are sitting on some power. Silly mods cost me huge dough.Fun at the time.Bragging rights at the spot on Friday night for sure. But if yer not going to seriously drag it...meh.
My Dad always told me ..."A fool and his money are soon parted."
Now I get it. Picked this up for $20 G's. Sounds huge,nope.Whats a stock Busa in your area go for? Sell yours,buy a fully built one for

I was told I'd be lucky to get $15 K for mine. Something to consider.
550 HP Ultra turbo.All the good stuff.Motor done right to take the power.
I'm going to copy this to post to anybody thinking about dropping a grand here a grand there. It will add up.
Rubb. [yes,I talk too much]
run-on-mouth
Check the parts list...it hurts to read it...then know today's value.
MORE POWAH

If possible try and pull in the reins a little bit to avoid "empty wallet" syndrome. You will spend alot of cash trying to get "a bit more power". I've always felt the gains vs dollars equation always leaves one feeling flat. Flat in the wallet. :banghead: Unless your goal is to take it to the strip or beat your buddies Busa etc...you've already stated you have already experienced "running out of road"....all thats going to happen with a bunch of mods is you will run out of road faster.:laugh: I finally learned my lesson,I'm on my 5th Hayabusa. Just imagine how much dough was spent trying to get 10 or 20 more horse.
Lets say exhaust. I drilled holes in my stock exhaust end caps back in 2000.Then slip-ons.Then 4-1 full. The box mods.Filter upgrades.PC's out the jing-jang. Some go the big bore kit. Save yer money up,then go turbo or cheap out and do Nos.
NOW you are sitting on some power. Silly mods cost me huge dough.Fun at the time.Bragging rights at the spot on Friday night for sure. But if yer not going to seriously drag it...meh.
Now I get it. Picked this up for $20 G's. Sounds huge,nope.Whats a stock Busa in your area go for? Sell yours,buy a fully built one for View attachment 1617379
I'm going to copy this to post to anybody thinking about dropping a grand here a grand there. It will add up.
Rubb. [yes,I talk too much] View attachment 1617379 View attachment 1617380run-on-mouth
MORE POWAH
HI Rub. I know try custom JE pistons. CP Carrillo rods ++++= 1000HP = $100.00 a HP.

=

===

Now I get it. Picked this up for $20 G's. Sounds huge,nope.Whats a stock Busa in your area go for? Sell yours,buy a fully built one for View attachment 1617379
Rubb. [yes,I talk too much] View attachment 1617379 View attachment 1617380run-on-mouth
MORE POWAH

It sure doesn't take much for the money spending to add up...you definitely wouldn't be doing this for an investment ad they depreciate so fast-almost as fast as they go down the road under full throttle...

If it does it in every gear, I'd suspect it's running out of fuel. Should pull clean all the way to the limiter. Make sure you don't have a fuel line kinked.
So I got a good pull in 1st through 4th and second seems to be the only gear really losing power around 10k revs. Happens a little in 3rd and 1st just spins if I go wot so... lol. Idk if clutch slippage can do that? 4th felt great pulls like a train right to red line. So maybe timing issue or something? Lots of fun either way and fuel lines are brand new oems with no kinks. Think I’m gonna just try and enjoy her for what she is for now I like the reliability of stock and mods for when I actually have a real budget bike parts are seriously expensive:eek:

So I got a good pull in 1st through 4th and second seems to be the only gear really losing power around 10k revs. Happens a little in 3rd and 1st just spins if I go wot so... lol. Idk if clutch slippage can do that? 4th felt great pulls like a train right to red line. So maybe timing issue or something? Lots of fun either way and fuel lines are brand new oems with no kinks. Think I’m gonna just try and enjoy her for what she is for now I like the reliability of stock and mods for when I actually have a real budget bike parts are seriously expensive:eek:
I'd at least get a PC and out a generic filter/pipe map in it. They're not expensive. That's just me though.

I'd at least get a PC and out a generic filter/pipe map in it. They're not expensive. That's just me though.
Yeah a pc would probably be for the best if not at least for peace of mind maybe get some performance out of it. I only really see pc v being sold right now but seems to work for gen 1s? Thought it was for gen 2 bikes? Also kind of a squid question I’m guessing but, could a TRE help that high rpm problem?

Back