Boz Exhaust (Advice Please)

Dola225

Registered
So, I was looking into aftermarket exhausts. I REALLY like the sound the Boz has it is sooo deep and mean sounding, for god sakes it sounds like my cruiser! Does anyone have expirience with these or know if they are quality??? Does anyone have Boz? If they are not good can you make some suggestions please?

Basically you are paying for some larger headers and a mid-pipe...you should get about 10 more HP. Nothing to know other than it makes the Busa look more sporty without the cans and loud as hell!

Basically you are paying for some larger headers and a mid-pipe...you should get about 10 more HP.  Nothing to know other than it makes the Busa look more sporty without the cans and loud as hell!
Loud as hell pretty much covers it
wowold.gif
wowold.gif
laugh.gif

wowold.gif

I ordered this last week. As my bike will be a cruiser that will rarely see high RPM, I opted for it BECAUSE of the style and sound.

Here's a video of a ZX-14 doing a fly-by in 2nd gear from 20mph-110mph.
The guy with the camera is about 1/2 a block away. Holy crap, that's loud. I've heard that by using the perf core insert, you'll lower the db's down to about 110 or so.

I just wish they had an existing PC map for this, so I wouldn't have to go to the dyno. Although, I'm not sure it'll be necessary for my application.

If you want to, wait until I get mine installed at the end of the month. I'll be making a video of it to post so people can actually hear it and see it up close. I got mine on eBay from "Americanclassicmotors" for $809.90 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....79&rd=1

Last edited by a moderator:
zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Trucker Mike @ Feb. 19 2008 said:
1301485[/ATTACH] PM]
I ordered this last week. As my bike will be a cruiser that will rarely see high RPM, I opted for it BECAUSE of the style and sound.

The guy with the camera is about 1/2 a block away. Holy crap, that's loud. I've heard that by using the perf core insert, you'll lower the db's down to about 110 or so.

I just wish they had an existing PC map for this, so I wouldn't have to go to the dyno. Although, I'm not sure it'll be necessary for my application.

If you want to, wait until I get mine installed at the end of the month. I'll be making a video of it to post so people can actually hear it and see it up close. I got mine on eBay from "Americanclassicmotors" for $809.90 shipped.

Yep that is Version 2 of the Boz Bros Moira.. I have the original I am in the process of wrapping and sealing before I put it on the bike..  
beerchug.gif

Not my bike but what it looks like.....

boz_b1_b.jpg

zzwhip.gif

sounds like a sure ticket getter.... not sure how you would ride that any distance

At least you can be the POPO bait on group rides..

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
Trucker Mike @ Feb. 19 2008 said:
1305558[/ATTACH] PM]

Yep that is Version 2 of the Boz Bros Moira.. I have the original I am in the process of wrapping and sealing before I put it on the bike..  
beerchug.gif

Not my bike but what it looks like.....
That is my bike in the pic, it gives you some extra hp, but basically that Boz pipe is worthless. Their customer service sucks as well. It does clean the bike up, but no one wants to ride next to you that is for sure. It is that freaking loud! Had a custom map and if anyone needs I still have it. will give it to you free of charge. I like my Muzzy better for the price, consistent performance, and retention of my hearing. I sold my Boz on EBay and good riddens. Maybe someone else wil have better luck with it. The POPO could hear me from miles away and yes I got pulled a few times and could not pass state inspection either.

zzwhip.gif

some guys take it kind of personal when you tell them to ride in the back
laugh.gif
but you buy something to draw attention to yourself, it does not always get the "right" attention..

Suppose you get what you pay for huh?
smile.gif

Well, living in the land of Sturgis, SD (15 miles from home), I don't have to worry about the PO-PO's. Besides, I'm friends with 50% of the cops in Rapid City, as well as the Sheriff's Deputies in the 2 counties I play in, and the local HiPo's that work my area. ;)

Griff, PM sent on that map. I've been looking for one.

As for rideability, I'm thinking I will pick up a used system someday to swap in if I do decide to go on a long journey, and keep the Boz for local riding/shows.

I live in HD country aka home of the straight pipes everywhere. I'm not talking open headers. I'm talking about NO HEADERS AT ALL just a dang piece of pipe. Trust me you are not going to buy an exhaust for a busa that is as loud as half these HD guys have around here.

I live in the sticks aka the hills aka redneckville we don't even have to get inspected where I live at all. Never have and I doubt we ever will.

As far as riding in the back, it's not like riding in the back is some sort of punishment. I could care less if someone gets butthurt about how loud my exhaust is and wants me to ride in the back. I would rather ride in the back at my pace than worry about listening to people complain about my exhaust.

I bought the exhaust because I liked the way it looks on the bike. If the loudness gets to me, I will have a special baffle made for it and not that cheesy thing that comes with it.

Too each his own I guess. I think bikes with mufflers is sissyfied and they should ride in the back to not embarrasse my freeflowing exhaust/bike and I..
tounge.gif
whistling.gif

I live in HD country aka home of the straight pipes everywhere. I'm not talking open headers. I'm talking about NO HEADERS AT ALL just a dang piece of pipe. Trust me you are not going to buy an exhaust for a busa that is as loud as half these HD guys have around here.  

I live in the sticks aka the hills aka redneckville we don't even have to get inspected where I live at all. Never have and I doubt we ever will.

As far as riding in the back, it's not like riding in the back is some sort of punishment. I could care less if someone gets butthurt about how loud my exhaust is and wants me to ride in the back. I would rather ride in the back at my pace than worry about listening to people complain about my exhaust.

I bought the exhaust because I liked the way it looks on the bike. If the loudness gets to me, I will have a special baffle made for it and not that cheesy thing that comes with it.

Too each his own I guess. I think bikes with mufflers is sissyfied and they should ride in the back to not embarrasse my freeflowing exhaust/bike and I..  
tounge.gif

whistling.gif
And thats the reason bit by bit more and more cities, counties and states are starting to crack down on bike sound levels...works for me tho, I don't like ridculously loud bikes either, the more they crack down the better I like it
thumb_up.gif
I have aftermarket cans on my busa...but they're full cans with just enough baffling to let the bike breathe, but still not be a menace to society....or my and my friends hearing
winkold.gif

tounge.gif

whistling.gif
And thats the reason bit by bit more and more cities, counties and states are starting to crack down on bike sound levels...works for me tho, I don't like ridculously loud bikes either, the more they crack down the better I like it  
thumb_up.gif
 I have aftermarket cans on my busa...but they're full cans with just enough baffling to let the bike breathe, but still not be a menace to society....or my and my friends hearing  
winkold.gif
Like I said there is no big cities where I live. I don't go busting a55 thru city streets at 10k RPM waking every person up from a dead sleep. I'm sorry but ANY aftermarket exhaust is pretty damn loud and a menace to people who drive stock exhaust cars that you can not even hear run. That is why I'm pretty sure that any aftermarket exhaust on a bike is Illegal to have just as much as mine. You think my exhaust is to loud and I am pretty sure people think your aftermarket exhaust is to loud and even more people think a stock bike exhaust is to loud and so on and so on.

People have been saying the same thing about car/truck exhaust for as long as I can remember but, I am quite sure Flowmaster sales numbers are pretty solid and back yard pipebenders are more than happy to torch those converters off.

Maybe in some parts of the USA what you say is true but, in my part there are still trucks with 16" lift kits and 44" tires, straight header hot rods with tires sticking out of the fenders, rice burners with mufflers the size of coffee cans, and YES motorcycles with louder than stock exhausts.
kickass.gif

tounge.gif

whistling.gif
thumb_up.gif
winkold.gif
Like I said there is no big cities where I live. I don't go busting a55 thru city streets at 10k RPM waking every person up from a dead sleep. I'm sorry but ANY aftermarket exhaust is pretty damn loud and a menace to people who drive stock exhaust cars that you can not even hear run. That is why I'm pretty sure that any aftermarket exhaust on a bike is Illegal to have just as much as mine. You think my exhaust is to loud and I am pretty sure people think your aftermarket exhaust is to loud and even more people think a stock bike exhaust is to loud and so on and so on.

People have been saying the same thing about car/truck exhaust for as long as I can remember but, I am quite sure Flowmaster sales numbers are pretty solid and back yard pipebenders are more than happy to torch those converters off.

Maybe in some parts of the USA what you say is true but, in my part there are still trucks with 16" lift kits and 44" tires, straight header hot rods with tires sticking out of the fenders, rice burners with mufflers the size of coffee cans, and YES motorcycles with louder than stock exhausts.  
kickass.gif
Unfortunately the louder things get the higher number of people it pisses off. My busa has the stock baffled header pipes with free flowing cans...so its actually surpisingly quiet...but still sounds good and I got a VERY nice power boost with a pc and BMC filter. If I had a full system I would opt for an optional baffle that most companies are now offering just because of impending and encroaching legal issues with sound. I think you can compromise and still have good sound AND performance
winkold.gif
But things are gonna go the way they're gonna go..and I'm fine with that. You have the right to run any exhaust you want until the law in your area tells you otherwise..and I support that right 100%
thumb_up.gif
Although I won't agree that its the smartest move
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

Back