Bought my FIRST Busa today!!

Today's pie .

20191221_202957.jpg

20191221_202718.jpg

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of one of the cleanest 2009s I’ve seen. Looks like the rotor question was already answered. I just installed the same galfers on my 2009, as well. That sure sweetened the purchase even more.

When you go riding, let me know how your Puig double bubble acts...mine gave me terrible turbulence.

Hi yellow09

Ok I will take notice of that. I actually want a NON double bubble screen, in smoked black. I know those are not as protecting of the wind as double bubble screens, but the flatter style in screens in smoked black, on a black Busa, look VERY mean!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of one of the cleanest 2009s I’ve seen. Looks like the rotor question was already answered. I just installed the same galfers on my 2009, as well. That sure sweetened the purchase even more.

Hi buddy. Thank you. Yes, it's stunning. I looked at others, but nowhere near as clean and crisp as this big girl!

As for the Galfers. I'm reading that this is quite an expensive brake upgrade (Galfer rotors AND stainless steel lines). Did you notice any difference?? Ok, I'm aware that these upgrades still don't bring them to '13 Brembo levels, but did it improve things??

Looks brand new.

yes outside - really nice
and I don't want to write badly about

but what´s up to all the oils ´n greases
1. motoroil
2. motoroil-filter
3. forkoil (now 10 years old - but all oil manufacturers say that it is bad if older than 5-6 years ! )
4. wheel bearings - new ones so 2RSH? or still the one side metal plated
5. roller bearing spacers of swing arm´s head
here mine at 40.090 km - side as shown on the pic - left :shocked: / right side
P1010797a.jpg

these bearings & spacers need new grease every 5 years at the latest, better every 4 years
6. roller bearings (& spacers) of rear shock block
these bearings need new grease every 5 years at the latest, better every 4 years

and not to forget

7. the DOT in brakes and clutch - it is hygroscopic, means it sucks water molecules every second, hour, day, year - so the dot HAS to be changed after 2, max 3 years - no matter if the bike stood the whole time or was used
at brakes : Your damn life depends on its 100 % function !

to fork oil - when you open the fork take a nosefull of that smell
and have a bucket ready if you want to / have to puke.
seriously - absolutely unpleasant !

Hi buddy. Thank you. Yes, it's stunning. I looked at others, but nowhere near as clean and crisp as this big girl!

As for the Galfers. I'm reading that this is quite an expensive brake upgrade (Galfer rotors AND stainless steel lines). Did you notice any difference?? Ok, I'm aware that these upgrades still don't bring them to '13 Brembo levels, but did it improve things??
Several of us have changed pretty much every component on brake system and most agree that what makes the biggest difference is upgrading to a radial master cylinder. I felt like $300 plus was a lot of money for a brembo RCS MC, but I forgot about the price tag the first time I grabbed the lever. If I had to do it again, I would change the MC and brake lines, before anything. Don’t give the 2013- current brembos so much credit, they have the same “barely adequate” (IMHO) Master cylinder.

Several of us have changed pretty much every component on brake system and most agree that what makes the biggest difference is upgrading to a radial master cylinder. I felt like $300 plus was a lot of money for a brembo RCS MC, but I forgot about the price tag the first time I grabbed the lever. If I had to do it again, I would change the MC and brake lines, before anything. Don’t give the 2013- current brembos so much credit, they have the same “barely adequate” (IMHO) Master cylinder.

Mabupa. That's interesting. Ok, I'll definitely would like to know more on the master cylinder situation. What ex exactly are the right ones to buy for my rocket? They make a big difference hey?

yes outside - really nice
and I don't want to write badly about

but what´s up to all the oils ´n greases
1. motoroil
2. motoroil-filter
3. forkoil (now 10 years old - but all oil manufacturers say that it is bad if older than 5-6 years ! )
4. wheel bearings - new ones so 2RSH? or still the one side metal plated
5. roller bearing spacers of swing arm´s head
here mine at 40.090 km - side as shown on the pic - left :shocked: / right side
View attachment 1610056
these bearings & spacers need new grease every 5 years at the latest, better every 4 years
6. roller bearings (& spacers) of rear shock block
these bearings need new grease every 5 years at the latest, better every 4 years

and not to forget

7. the DOT in brakes and clutch - it is hygroscopic, means it sucks water molecules every second, hour, day, year - so the dot HAS to be changed after 2, max 3 years - no matter if the bike stood the whole time or was used
at brakes : Your damn life depends on its 100 % function !

to fork oil - when you open the fork take a nosefull of that smell
and have a bucket ready if you want to / have to puke.
seriously - absolutely unpleasant !

Berlin Germany. Thank you very much for taking the time to give these details. I've written all of this down, and I am definitely going to go through the bike, and give it a going over and full service in my workshop. I do all my own mechanical work on all of my own bikes and cars, so I understand what you have explained.

Thanks again

Mabupa. That's interesting. Ok, I'll definitely would like to know more on the master cylinder situation. What ex exactly are the right ones to buy for my rocket? They make a big difference hey?
I call it a HUGE difference. I mean, the stock doesn’t even compare to a brembo MC. Not cheap, but the MC is one of my top 5 best mods I’ve done to my bike. @c10 @fallenarch @ROADTOAD1340 @Yellow09 and several other members can attest to the improvement a radial MC makes.

Berlin Germany. Thank you very much for taking the time to give these details. I've written all of this down, and I am definitely going to go through the bike, and give it a going over and full service in my workshop. I do all my own mechanical work on all of my own bikes and cars, so I understand what you have explained.

Thanks again

fine :-)
your welcome

and if you look for an other brake master
look for 17 mm radial like i did and took.

the danger of overbraking with a 19 mm at a panic brake is not so much given with a 17 mm so my rec. - the 17 mm.

and the brake is soooooooooooooooooooo beautiful in dosing
it is fantastic, believe in me. you´ll love it.
with a 17 mm radial brake, you can dose with great effort with very little hand power.

i took for my second busa (2000 / gen I) again both (brembo) pumps , brake & clutch, - used - from a ducati 998 / 999 and i didn´t fail !
got em by ebay.de as a complete set for 250 € last year.

Back