Boss Hoss

I rode a boss hoss at bike week a couple of years ago at the boss hoss booth. Did a burn out from 20 to 80 mph. I had the ass of that bike all over the place. I should have let off but the crazy gene just kicked in. When I got back to the booth I was waiting for an ass chewing. It never came to my surprise. The guy behind me in the test ride said everyone had to slow way down and wait for the smoke to clear. I was too busy looking forward and hanging on to notice I put out all of that tire smoke. It was fun. Now would it beat the busa??? No way. This bike was a burn out king. It doesn't matter how much power there is if you can't hook it up! Also the bike was easier than I expected to turn at low speeds. Overall fun, but, not my cup of tea. I just rode one for the experience! After that I test rode the triumph rocket III with the 2300cc motor. Now that is a cruiser!!!

Here are a couple pics of one from last years Trail of Tears

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Seen a test about 5 or 6 years ago and the 350 model would turn 0-50 in 2.2 seconds.Thats hooked and bad to the bone.

At almost 2000 pounds, you're talking about a small car with a 500 hp motor.

If that's what you want, get a friggin Cobra kit car and put the motor in that where it belongs!

Oh, and please make it a Ford motor? I would suggest the new World 9 inch deck 351 block that can be bored out to 460 cubic inches.
SHOCKED.gif

THAT would be fun in a 1900 pound package!!
firedevil.gif

still looks like it would burn a hole in your boots then your leg. How does it deflect the heat from the engine and more so the headers??

They make a trike also, Hummmmmmmmmm
wink.gif
, a 500 HP trike  
wow.gif
! Now that would be a wild ride  
ghostface.gif

I will run one.. and beat it with a nearly stock busa, Hi-po 502 or not. Its all over. No one is going to make me believe a powerglide and v8 will beat a dohc l4 with a 6 speed. Its simply not going to happen. and 1/8th mile isnt even the beginning of a race.

(Professor @ Aug. 01 2007,20:23) I took one out several years ago (92-93) with a small block in it. It ran a decent straight line but a ZX-11 that was hot at that time would have taken it.
There used to be several guys on here that owned diff size boss hosses and also owned busa's. They said the busa's were faster overall...it wasn't a traction issue as much as the drivetrain loss and gearing of the hosses and the way the big v-eights perform..size isn't everything....thats why liters and 600's even can be so damn fast off the line, they wind up like right now. The boss hosses advantage is triple digit roll-ons...thats where they shine
wink.gif

Back