Bike Dolly

Mad Bus

Registered
Has anyone seen or used a bike dolly? I can not find the link I found, so I can't post a pic. It works by lowering a curved cradle the front tire fits into. Strap it down and crank up the front tire, off you go. It fits into the tow hitch and cost about $500. Looks like a good way to tow, because you don't have a big trailer to store.

Les

The only ones I have seen are rated for lighter bikes, but there must be something out there rated for our portly monsters. Personally, if I'm going to put mileage on my rear tire, I'm going to enjoy doing it. It does look like a simple way to tow, however. Once you hoist the beast's frontend into the carrier, that is.

Welcome to the board
smile.gif

Has anyone seen or used a bike dolly? I can not find the link I found, so I can't post a pic. It works by lowering a curved cradle the front tire fits into. Strap it down and crank up the front tire, off you go. It fits into the tow hitch and cost about $500. Looks like a good way to tow, because you don't have a big trailer to store.

Les
they are crap. Imho. The rear wheel is constantly turning eating up the tire,bearings etc.

If you dont remove the chain,its also wearing yer output shaft seals and bearings and heating up the tranny .

Yer also dragging yer bike right thru the grease strip,and all the potholes.

For a dirtbike or something...sure...especially if the chains master link can be removed to stop the trans from being spun.

Plus the law here states you have to wire up the brake lite to work ,just like those big RV's towing the little car.

my advice...dont do it. hav a good 1...RSD.

If you want to avoid a trailer, a hitch-haul is probably a better choice. A bit more money and a little larger, but carries the bike well.

Back