Big bore on the way!

HP Junkie

Registered
well i finally reached the point of no return and dropped off the busa for a 1397 kit.talking over the details with my mechanic i cant help but wonder if this will ever end. will this be enough power to satisfy my habit :drool: it will be a long six weeks till my baby comes home. :sad: . i know a few of you guys have had this done to your bus let me know if you think it was worth almost 5G's not that i can change my mind now (i wouldnt anyway).

the list (off the top of my head);

je pistons
web high lift cams
porting
springs
starter gear,heavy duty starter.

there is more just cant remember, but i will have a digital camera by then and will post dyno sheets before and after and a few pics of my baby.

later, dan

brixx, my mechanic says with my other mods(micron f/s, kn filter,air box mod,pcrIII) the bike should put down a little over 200 hp at the wheel. oracle, i will give full details on parts and price with a dyno print out baseline before bore job and after. the worst part is it will be snowing when i get her back and i wont get to ride for a couple months

but when i do :devil:

3 weeks to go... I am excited for you! Good thinking putting it in during the Winter... I will prolly do mine next Winter.

Im with cheese on this one, whats snow?? Isnt it like rain or something, it does come out of the sky wright?

Im with cheese on this one, whats snow?? Isnt it like rain or something, it does come out of the sky wright?
like acid rain...you are "wright" or you mean "right" but yeah...snow majorly sucks unless you can go skiing. you southern guys got the life with no snow EVER!!!

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1070670727 -->

for $5g's I woulda gone turbo, hands down.... waaaaay more power for the $$$
mad.gif

Yeah, but you can creep up on em' easier with the big motor, get a turbo, you couldn't get a race with a F-16!! Love the turbo though, I just like the idea of having a bad ass motor!! Plus you can put the gas to it for an easy 100+ HP!!

Yeah, but you can creep up on em' easier with the big motor, get a turbo, you couldn't get a race with a F-16!! Love the turbo though, I just like the idea of having a bad ass motor!! Plus you can put the gas to it for an easy 100+ HP!!
Im w/ you cool, I like a built motor over a bolt on application. Ive also wondered about the turbos ridability. I got about 205 to the wheel w/ 106ft lbs and my ride is a hand full at times. Seems like the turbo would have a light switch effect. all on ar off.

Back