Best way to tune

ramairglenn

Registered
Thinking about doing some mild mods to my bike, namely a D&D full system and small box w/K&N. After doing this, what are my best options on the re-tune? I know a little about the Power Commander but that is about all. Also, if I were to use a TRE, would that have a good or bad effect on my fuel mileage. I ride the bike probably a little slower and easier than most and on a near daily basis to and from work so I want to keep my mileage as good as I can. Thanks for any suggestions,

TRE didn't make much of a difference on gas mileage for me, although I bet it eats a little more with it than without it...

LM-1 to tune, but since you have minor mods, I would just look for someone that has a map with your setup... It is not that easy to tune yourself... ;) or go to a dyno for 350$

I am new to this scene too, but RWTD in Mobile Alabama is a pretty awesome tuner with mustangs/ lightnings ... he has a bike dyno there too.

The owner's name is James

If you can (it's $300 Bucks and 4 to 5 hours out here) go get a Tuner (who knows what he's doing) with a Dyno ! It's well worth the money and you'll feel the difference right away in smoothness ! And "OH YEAH"
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 10 2007,20:46) If you can (it's $300 Bucks and 4 to 5 hours out here) go get a Tuner (who knows what he's doing) with a Dyno ! It's well worth the money and you'll feel the difference right away in smoothness ! And "OH YEAH"
+1

And welcome

Thanks for the suggestions; RWTD in Mobile is kind of far for me but not out of the question. A Birmingham tuner would be great but have internet searched and can't find one. HFD1 Motorsports is in Atlanta, Ga. and just 2 hours away. Has anyone in the Alabama/Georgia area had any experience with them ?

from the other side of Bama. Have you checked in Huntsville or Decatur? There is a pretty good dyno here in Muscle Shoals but that may be a bit far as well. If interested shoot me a pm and I will get you the contact info.

By the way are you riding in the Trail of Tears this weekend?

I just had mine tuned, even though its basically stock. Power Commander 3-USB and paid a local tuner $250 to dyno tune it. I love the results and it only took him about an hour total.

(ramairglenn @ Sep. 11 2007,00:12) Thanks for the suggestions; RWTD in Mobile is kind of far for me but not out of the question. A Birmingham tuner would be great but have internet searched and can't find one. HFD1 Motorsports is in Atlanta, Ga. and just 2 hours away. Has anyone in the Alabama/Georgia area had any experience with them ?
Here is my bike at Huffy Daddy's (Charles)
He did an excellent job on my bike, the bike spent about 5 hours on the dyno. He knows what he's doing. He just put together a mobile dyno. Let me know if you are heading this way. We will hook up and I will show you some local roads or N. GA mountains.....

View attachment 1180530

View attachment 1180531

View attachment 1180532

Powers, I just brought my 07 home on Monday. It has a pipe and PC but I have no clue if the guy that owned it before tuned it. Where is Huffy Daddy's shop? I live in Cumming.

Back