BEST TIRE FOR THE HAYABUSA

I like the twisties, most of the people i ride with daily have litre bikes, a few R1s, 996's, Gxxr's etc. I dropped to the 180/55. and use either the diablo SC, or the pilot powers. both seem about the same wear time and street hold to me. the 190 is good too, but the 180 seems faster in and out of the corners to me.

As far as the 180's go?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? I don't think I've seen anyone in the winners circle in the liter class bikes riding on a 180 rear. Most all the really fast guys seem to think the additional traction needed for drive out of the corner is more important than the ability to turn into the corner a bit quicker? The 190 gives a bigger contact patch at any angle over the smaller 180.
This is because of the profile, race tires come a 190/55. the street tires are 190/50. need to drop to the 180/55 to get the same profile.

rock.gif

my heavily opinionated perspective sure to bother a few people:

DON'T bother with 'RACE' tires on the street. I can think of maybe 5 people on this website who have the ability and regularly COOK race tires up to proper heated temperatures on the street. 5. The rest of you THINK they are stickier but it's all in your head, unless you have proper tire warmers and melt tread regularly tearing up the twisties. It takes a LOT to heat-cycle race tires properly, and you probably shouldn't be driving that hard on public roads of various degrees of decay.

STREET tires heat and stick better on streets than race tires, have a differnt carcus to work with bumps and crap. They REALLY ARE designed and built for different purposes. but i'm just an idiot that listens to stupid people like michelin, pirelli, many, many track racing profesionals...

flame away
You're also one of those Christians which I've heard means you believe everything your told and can't think for yourself.
rock.gif
yes.... yes, you are right.

[ironic joke, if you get it!]
biggrin.gif
hehehe

DON'T bother with 'RACE' tires on the street.  I can think of maybe 5 people on this website who have the ability and regularly COOK race tires up to proper heated temperatures on the street.  5.  The rest of you THINK they are stickier but it's all in your head, unless you have proper tire warmers and melt tread regularly tearing up the twisties.  It takes a LOT to heat-cycle race tires properly, and you probably shouldn't be driving that hard on public roads of various degrees of decay.

STREET tires heat and stick better on streets than race tires, have a differnt carcus to work with bumps and crap.  They REALLY ARE designed and built for different purposes.  but i'm just an idiot that listens to stupid people like michelin, pirelli, many, many track racing profesionals...

flame away
You're also one of those Christians which I've heard means you believe everything your told and can't think for yourself.
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
 hehehe
I did more thinking on this subject after I posted last night. If you think about it, most of what we know about anything we don't learn first hand, we learn from someone else's knowledge or experience. Take the tire information, what we are told is true? Does the road tire really stick better at lower temps, did the people that posted that check for themselves or are they repeating something they saw written by someone that DID test them? Hmm?
rock.gif
It kind of makes you wonder about that bible thing, some don't believe it because it was just men that wrote it (their words) how do we know it's true, it's not like anyone was there when Jesus was crucified or anything. Right?

Can we move this one to the religous section now?

rock.gif

WWJD,

No flames needed, you're absolutely correct.
Race tires for track, street tires for street.

Where you made your mistake though, is not posting an Anna pic
poke.gif
Have you lost it??...
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138329493 -->

DON'T bother with 'RACE' tires on the street.  I can think of maybe 5 people on this website who have the ability and regularly COOK race tires up to proper heated temperatures on the street.  5.  The rest of you THINK they are stickier but it's all in your head, unless you have proper tire warmers and melt tread regularly tearing up the twisties.  It takes a LOT to heat-cycle race tires properly, and you probably shouldn't be driving that hard on public roads of various degrees of decay.

STREET tires heat and stick better on streets than race tires, have a differnt carcus to work with bumps and crap.  They REALLY ARE designed and built for different purposes.  but i'm just an idiot that listens to stupid people like michelin, pirelli, many, many track racing profesionals...

flame away
rock.gif

biggrin.gif
 hehehe
I did more thinking on this subject after I posted last night. If you think about it, most of what we know about anything we don't learn first hand, we learn from someone else's knowledge or experience. Take the tire information, what we are told is true? Does the road tire really stick better at lower temps, did the people that posted that check for themselves or are they repeating something they saw written by someone that DID test them? Hmm?
rock.gif
It kind of makes you wonder about that bible thing, some don't believe it because it was just men that wrote it (their words) how do we know it's true, it's not like anyone was there when Jesus was crucified or anything. Right?

Can we move this one to the religous section now?
I agree. Just think if we had no one to show us anything when we were babys what would we learn. I Dont think we would be far from cave men. Has man evolved any or do we only learn from repeat reps?

rock.gif

My M1 is lasting like a mf'er compared to anything else ive run.....plus it doesnt really break loose as much when its cold like the pilots and dunlops......u know that first turn right after u fire up and take off?, or that hard brake before the rubs warm up? On the track i would prefer the pilots or something a bit more exotic, but for everyday street/commuting the M1's "SEEM" to last longer....it doesnt get all worn down in the center as fast as the softer tires...like i said i would for sure choose something different on a track bike where im changin tires like underwear, but on the streets lets face it your doing a lot of st8 and level so for me, i want the best bang for my buck and the M1 hooks up good and even after some milage it still bombs the canyon without giving u that scary tippy feeling.....BBB

. ZR means Z rated for continuous speeds up to 150 mph, R for Radial construction.18 means 18" diameter rim. The speed ratings are S for up to 112 mph, H for up to 130 mph, V for up to 150 mph, Z for 150 mph+.At high speeds, the tire can get very hot and the tread can separate from the belts. The speed ratings tell you how fast you can safely go.
Z rated is for 150 and above.
I stand corrected.....
bowdown.gif
 I believe though if you read my whole posts it does say speeds above 150

<!--EDIT|mw3961
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138841709 -->

Back