Best Race Fuel For Nitrous???

Hayabusa133

Registered
What fuel would you recommend for a stock Gen 2 with a 50 shot dry nitrous kit? For drag racing.

I contacted VP Racing Fuels some time ago and they recommend U4.4 or VPR.

Any one has experience using these?

Is there anything better?

What fuel would you recommend for a stock Gen 2 with a 50 shot dry nitrous kit? For drag racing.

I contacted VP Racing Fuels some time ago and they recommend U4.4 or VPR.

Any one has experience using these?

Is there anything better?
Ya, I'd just run vp110 and give it hell.

Several things to consider when selecting fuel. Do you intend to run it only when spraying or all the time? If you are switching and don't have a good way to empty the tank before adding the effect of the new fuel is less. With 50 hp you can use pump 93 if your tune is accurate now and you add the right amount of fuel with the nitrous.

Both fuels VP recommended are oxygenated, and typically those are less stable in the tank than non-oxygenated but I can't speak to those specifically. I ran MS109 on a previous bike and always tried to keep the fuel cell as close to empty as possible at the end of the day so that I was putting fresh in the next race day.

I'm far from a fuel expert, but the things I look at are specific gravity, vapor pressure, oxygenated or not, leaded or not, and of course octane. Specific gravity being equal between two fuels means the AFR change from the fuel will likely be less than fuels that are different. The vapor pressure is how well the fuel vaporizes, and can have an effect on timing settings. Leaded fuels will eventually damage your O2 sensor if you are running one. Get all your data here: VP Master Fuel Table | VP Racing Fuels

Any fuel experts feel free to jump in here.

My bikes have always been jetted or mapped or dyno’d for BP98 or the equivalent. We measure our fuel different to the US so our 98 is probably the equivalent of your normal premium grade common pump fuel.

Ive run up to a 60hp set up, only ever used the same BP98 from a normal servo.

VP is great fuel but if you set your bike up for anything other than pump gas it's going to be a major pain. Unless it's a race only bike of course.

talk to us nitrous guru...please talk to us, tell us about the hype around these x-10 pulsoid nitrous solenoids that never wear out? is it BS? is it true? the best hayabusa nitrous products are purchased here folks. Products | Performancefirstcycles.com
That's what I ran and it was fast. That pulsoid sure was nice. After I went turbo I sold my nitrous kit to a buddy who was SWB spraying 100 shot and was progressing that power in over 3 gears. The x10 never had any problems. Probably 2-400 pounds of nitrous went through that x10 over the years

I always try to draw Gixx into a long conversation and he never takes the bait....... Alot of my nitrous knowledge comes from his posts, lol... i dont have shyt for first hand nitrous knowledge. BUTT... i know he has good info. I try to get him to spill it on these pages.
lol, much thanks. I dont talk or type much. I like to be straight to the point

Back