Best Pants for Protection?

Hayabusa2005

Registered
What are some of the best textile pants for protection? I know Leather is great, but it is also very high. Who have some of the best affordable pants for protection?

I have a pair of Tourmaster Caliber pants that I wear over jeans. They have a rain barrier and come with a quilted liner for really cold weather. As far as protection goes, they have adjustable CE armor in the knees and foam in the the hips.

I'm 5'9, 167lbs and went with a 34" waist to make sure that they fit as overpants.

The downside is that the rain liner isn't removable, hence there's no airflow for hot weather riding. Price is $143 at Motorcycle Superstore.

I got a pair of these and so far (a few thousand miles) I like them a lot. Heavy knee protection and even removable hip pads. They come a little small so order a size up if you're interested. They are lined and meant to be worn as pants, not overpants. I've had them on 8-10 hours a day even in warm weather and they were still comfy. Couldn't believe the price myself but after emailing the seller back and forth, I was satisfied and took a chance. Two year warranty too. Other leather pants are soooo expensive and these are cheaper than most textile pants. For extreme weather I wear my TM Cortech overpants.

eBay Motors: EXL-MP119 MENS LEATHER RACING MOTORCYCLE CE ARMOR PANTS (item 290307373857 end time May-02-09 09:49:31 PDT)

Last edited:
Come on Jeff just spring for the leather you got the money. :laugh:

There is no replacement for leather. Good luck with the pants hunting. Please post up with what you buy.

I like the A-10 Air Flo, but wow...still a lot of money for pants. I am just not sure about leathers during the summer.

Hayabusa-2.jpg

What do you think? Spotted on the I15N yesterday, who needs pants when you got Croc's & shorts! :rofl:

If you ever go down you want leather, ask these guys at the bash that has went down, just a little bunged up but all okay.

Last edited:
For the folks wearing/recommending mesh and textiles, have you ever hit the pavement with them?

Would like to know this also. I'm looking at some pants from Joe Rocket and they have to be better than jeans but how much better?

Personally, leathers the only way to go. Alot cheaper than new legs. I have the Automag leather by Icon. Some say Icon brand is "poser" stuff. I say pose this :moon:

Ride Icon

Back