BBE Shorty Slip-on's

Shane Fiscel

Registered
I took the monster stock exhaust my 2015 Busa and replaces it with Stage 3 Big Boyz Exhaust. What a great choice. I was contemplating going with Coffman's, but after speaking with a couple guys and listening to them at a local Bike Night, I decided to save some money. I'm so glad I did. The sound is more my style. Nice, deep throaty sound at low RPM's, to screaming at high RPM's. I have only gone up to 7000rpm as I'm still breaking in my bike.

Besides the clean look and sick sound, the best part is no PC is needed. The bike runs as good, if not a little better than with the stock exhaust.

20151014_143733.jpg

20151014_143746.jpg

20151014_144829.jpg

I Like it! I have the Coffman's and it sounds similar. Unfortunately shorty's do not get a lot of love on this sight!
But, I like it!

Not sure what kinda of performance your after but adding a PCV at a minimum would be beneficial.

Not sure what kinda of performance your after but adding a PCV at a minimum would be beneficial.

Maybe down the road. But for now, it's not needed, unlike similar shorty tips. I just had my 600 mile service done this morning and everything is perfect. The shop said it was running really good, especially without a PC. BBE will be getting more biz I guess.

Maybe down the road. But for now, it's not needed, unlike similar shorty tips. I just had my 600 mile service done this morning and everything is perfect. The shop said it was running really good, especially without a PC. BBE will be getting more biz I guess.

Not saying that it's the case here, but most dealerships have no idea what they are talking about.

Not saying that it's the case here, but most dealerships have no idea what they are talking about.

This dealership has been around for many years. I bought a bike from them in 1996. Their mechanics seem to be very knowledgeable. Some have been there for years. My cousin also manages the Parts Department, so I feel pretty confident in their ability to do a great job.

This dealership has been around for many years. I bought a bike from them in 1996. Their mechanics seem to be very knowledgeable. Some have been there for years. My cousin also manages the Parts Department, so I feel pretty confident in their ability to do a great job.

I was not knocking your local shop. The local shop here has been around here for almost 40 years. All their techs have certification after certification and years of working in their field. Yet when I asked them about reflashing my ECU they told me that it couldn't be done. When I asked about adjusting the a/F mixture they said the ECU does that on its own and the only way to change it was to buy a Power Camander. The way most check if the bike is running the way it should is with a "finely tuned ear". I have read of others having the same experience at different dealers I personally want more than that from the guy tuning my bike. Glad you have a better shop than most near you.

I have Big Boyz on my 03 Busa and I am consuming more fuel. Don't understand why. Thought of putting the Muzzy back on but I love the sound of the BB. Would installing a K&N fix it problem or make it worse?

I have Big Boyz on my 03 Busa and I am consuming more fuel. Don't understand why. Thought of putting the Muzzy back on but I love the sound of the BB. Would installing a K&N fix it problem or make it worse?

Also, the op of this thread had a gen2 with a catalytic converter on it.
The gen1 has no cat, so changing the mufflers, or in your case, basically removing them, as the tips do nothing, that has a more dramatic effect on the exhaust flow, as oppoesed to having a cat that keeps tha back pressure much the same, regardless of mufflers or tips.

Back