If you are a true Trekker, you will know that JJ Abrams dropped the ball on Star Trek. But it was entertaining.......

Avatar was a great show if you can get past the hyperliberal psuedo-american indian sniveling BS,,,,along with environcrat crap too. The special effects, and story was great.

From a guy who is a consummate Trekker, Avatar wins hands down.

If you are a true Trekker, you will know that JJ Abrams dropped the ball on Star Trek. But it was entertaining.......

Avatar was a great show if you can get past the hyperliberal psuedo-american indian sniveling BS,,,,along with environcrat crap too. The special effects, and story was great.

From a guy who is a consummate Trekker, Avatar wins hands down.

As I said, I am not a true "Trekker" (I noticed the change of stigma here) but as a "Fan" of the series, I think it was well scripted. Are you referring to the change of opinion in the love interest or the role and use of Capt Pike?

My favorite Character in the new film was - Bones, the actor was spot on, and his lines were great!

I never thought about Ferngully! Great catch! It is the same! :thumbsup:

It was the first thing that came to mind, and as others have eluded to - Dances with wolves.

Pretty much is Cops and Robbers, or Cowboys and Indians Either way.

Way over Avatar (Fern-gully II)
Bubba

ive said this since day 1. its a highly produced live action ferngully. :beerchug:

ive watched about 20 minutes of it and the whole star trek movie. id say they are about on the same level. id watch both once and probably never again. at least in the same decade.

the fact that Star Trek ignored the shackles of "Star Trek Canon"...and pissed off most "Trekies" was one of the reason it was,original and entertaining....

while most are still awed by the technology of avatar.....its borrowed storyline, and political message will not live long. this happens time after time, great movies have great stories....avg. movies have new special effects...

in five years the Pace/Fusion technology will be obsolete, and Avatar will be lost without the wow factor....

I've been a Trekie since 1967, I love sicence fiction. Both movies were very good, but in different ways. I have seen almost all the si-fi done both good and bad, (mostly bad). So today when they are making movies like this I am in heaven.
One other thing I work for one of the EVIL Companies, so I would love to live on Pandora with out all of there crap.:poke:

I like both,

Avatar had more of a "wow" factor.

But I'm equally pleased to have both in my movie collection

Back