AR Drone 2.0

mracer29

Registered
I figured I'd share a few pictures of the AR DRONE 2.0 I got for Christmas. I added some lights for night flying, a super bright headlight for the 720p HD front camera and a halo ring for the bottom camera.

image-893499297.jpg

image-3646196018.jpg

image-2164944550.jpg

image-4151556259.jpg

image-1387947348.jpg

I made the red/ white lights with some led tape I bought off eBay

image-893499297.jpg

image-3646196018.jpg

image-2164944550.jpg

image-4151556259.jpg

image-1387947348.jpg

Damn you!!! I saaw the thread title and thought "Oooooh!! Another AR rifle thread!!"

Still pretty cool!! :thumbsup:

I bet if you fly that thing near any trailer park at night, you will see those people on the news later, describing how they got abducted and probed by the aliens!!!

Yeah I thought the same thing :laugh: More talk about guns seriously......... Maybe you should mount a gun turret on it just so the gun nuts dont feel disappointed :thumbsup:

Could def scare the neighbors with that thing.
I'm with everyone else.

We ALL triple dog dare ya to go fly that over a development and tell us about the UFO reports. :poke:

What's a fancy flying rig like that cost?

Yep, UFO sightings gonna go up :laugh: Is it difficult to fly?

There are several different control options:
Joy pad mode - 2 virtual joy sticks and controls like most rc helis.

Tilt mode- one joy stick for up/down and spin. One button that is a control button, as long as your thumb is on the button the drone goes whatever direction you tilt your phone or iPad.

Absolute control- much like tilt mode but in absolute control no matter what way the front of the drone is pointing the drone will go the direction the phone is tilted. So no matter what direction the drone is pointed if you tilt you phone towards you the drone will come back as opposed to in tilt mode if you tilted your phone towards you and the drones front was pointed towards you, it would go backwards or away from you.

Along with the auto hover, auto launch and auto land functions it is a fully functional easy to fly heli. They also make a digital spectrum controller for around $150 that gives you all the cool functions with real rc controller.

If you flew it over someone elses property, can they call police for invasion of privacy?

Don't think so, in fact my cousin that's an arson investigator said he would call me next time he needs to look in someone's back yard cause he can't do it but me being a citizen I can fly whereever

Don't think so, in fact my cousin that's an arson investigator said he would call me next time he needs to look in someone's back yard cause he can't do it but me being a citizen I can fly whereever

You fly dat der fancy camera thing ova my house me and double gun ell give ya what for!:laugh:

Back