Anyone see the new issue of "Super Streetbike?"

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Just picked up the Summer 2004 issue and it has a lot of good information in it.

To sum up the article, they talk about the Motorcyclist issue with the grudge match between the Busa & ZX12R! Then they say how everyone cried foul and said that it should have been between the BUSA & 1K to begin with. Well.....

They take and moddify them with the exact same stuff and run them down the 1/4-mile!

Goodies include: lowered, air-shifter, RC Components wheels, brake rotors, TiForce exhuast, 6" extended swing-arms, Gearing(-1/+2), BDE clutch cushion mod, PCIIIR. That's all I could see just looking over the article quick.

Busa dynoed: 174HP/105TQ
GSXR1K dynoed: 169HP/84.5TQ

I don't want to spoil the article but the BUSA is still king!
super.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Article was really good...They also gave the cost of the upgrades and had the mindset that these upgrades would be affordable to most...With the exception the aftermarket rims...They also had a pro rider that rode both bikes...Burnt the clutches in the 1000...Overall 4****(ok the * are filling in for stars tonight...Anyway very good mag with some badass bikes...
evil.gif

There was no doubt in my mind but it seems like there is always someone out there quoting magazine times and this one is for real! I knew the Busa was going to win but did you see what times they ran with it?
wow.gif

If you haven't checked it out, I would suggest buying it for your library.

For the record!
tounge.gif

Busa ran 8.953 @ 151.757!
super.gif

GSXR1K ran 9.146 @ 149.680!

I forget the guys name but he was riding the hell out them bikes...
evil.gif

Like comparing apples to oranges, don't know why they don't let the liter bikes compete with the liter bikes and let the grown folk talk
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I was thinking that those liter bikes might take a bite out of the 'busa sometime. I guess we're safe for now!!!!!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Yeah 8.9 thats movin out. Well they have to make an article from time to time about the Busa and hell theres no bike to run against it so they can switch off using whatever they want....hahaha. By the way went to the strip with my buddy and his ZX12 full exh, and pc III he ran 10.04. Not to bad but there were 24 or so Busas out there tearing it up. I left after work so I didnt take mine but it was fun to watch.

JT2,

2-tenths isn't close at all! In the racing world, that is a lifetime. That's a good 3-5 bike lenghts!
wink.gif

Don't forget that is in the 1/4-mile, the BUSA just keeps pulling away more and more from then on!
biggrin.gif

Only thing am surprise at is the hp being as close as it is doint the same thing to both bikes??

pay some atten to the stunter on the BLUE 636 Pimpit bike... along with the review of their DVD in the back "Way of life", that's my Iowa boys!!! The next video will be better too: great stunts, great camera [me], 35 50cc cruising the main strip in chicago, maybe me roof surfing on a moving pickup truck.
biggrin.gif
and other fun stupidity

Back