Anyone notice the Busa body at the NHRA Indy track today?

megawatt

Registered
Jerry Savoie is running a gen 2 carbon fiber body on his NHRA pro stock bike. He lost in the finals to Hector Arana Jr. on his big twin.
First time I have seen BUSA body work on the old suzuki powerplants, because we know NHRA does not allow busa or modern I-4 engines to compete in their races.

I know one of you tech savvy board members with a DVR can take a picture and post it up for all to see.

This one?

WARBIKE.jpg

I’m not sure what he is running but I think the Busa allowed under the current rules. I know Muzzy was trying to get a zX-14 to a competitive level.

I’m not sure what he is running but I think the Busa allowed under the current rules. I know Muzzy was trying to get a zX-14 to a competitive level.

Nope,, from the 2011 NHRA rulebook under the pro stock motorcycle section....

Reserved for 1998 or later production stock-appearing, gasburning, naturally aspirated motorcycles.

Hope someone got it. Was watching some nitro runs last night from Germany 5.66 in the 1/4 not bad :rofl:

Nope,, from the 2011 NHRA rulebook under the pro stock motorcycle section....

Reserved for 1998 or later production stock-appearing, gasburning, naturally aspirated motorcycles.

If thats what the rules claim then buell and harley arent allowed as they arent that old a setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

If thats what the rules claim then buell and harley arent allowed as they arent that old a setup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Big twins get much bigger displacement and different weight allowances and different guidelines. I kept the post short and with respect to the bike I saw. You would have to read the rule book to figure out why the H-D's can race.

Someone must be able to take a picture of a DVR recording and post it up???

I think the pic I posted has a painted black nose...but carbon fiber belly and sides. For Sale...rolling chasis $24k

New Team Preparing for Pro Debut
White Alligator Racing (WAR), a new team from the bayous of Louisiana, is set to make their Pro Stock Motorcycle debut March 11th, 2011 at the Tire Kingdom NHRA Gatornationals. Piloting the WAR Suzuki will be Gerald (Jerry) Savoie of Cut Off, Louisiana. Savoie, an alligator farmer by trade, is preparing for the debut aboard a Mark Peiser tuned Suzuki TL1000R. The team plans to compete at all 16 NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle events this season.
WAR was founded by Savoie with the intent to bring awareness to the eroding coastlines of Louisiana, which is why the team’s motto is “RACING TO SAVE OUR WETLANDS.â€￾ Coastal erosion is a huge concern of Savoie’s, who owns an alligator farm which is very dependent on the wetlands of Louisiana. The wetlands are a livelihood for many of south Louisiana’s residents. Coastal erosion isn’t just destroying our land; it is destroying the Cajun way of life.
It was a carbon fibre body on the bike. He owns a Alligator farm in louisiana.

that pic with the two nice bikes on lifts looks like a well thought out shop...I like the lifts sunk in the floor...less junk to trip over + the floor is so clean.

The War bike was built and came out of Don Schumakers shop, And never run. He was going to run the Busa but the rules prevented that. Just a Busa Body.

Back