Anyone looking for a train set?

N are very cool, you can run a very elaborate system on a coffee table, but too much for the little guys. I always wanted to do a 8 level helix with the H.O., got most of the wood cut, but after 2 sheets of plywood cut into circles it got to be too much. I wanted to go up 5', in a 30" circle and out the top of the wall into the living room, then around and down via another helix. TON of track and at least 3 transformers for all that.
I have a friend who wants to do the same helix thing with his trains. I can't convince him that he is just lookin' for trouble.

Good luck selling your equipment.

I'd like to get hold of the train collection but what I can afford to offer would be an insult
sad.gif
My six year old would lose his mind if he ever saw that! Here's a
bump.gif
for ya!

Maybe you'd do better parting it out (e.g., a whole train), so members might be better able to afford a piece of your awesome trains?  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|05 Busa LE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156599913 -->

Yeah, if you e-bay each part, car, engine, etc. separately (do the track 10 pcs at a time and the switches and transformers separately), you'll probably make a lot more money.

--Wag--

Yeah, if you e-bay each part, car, engine, etc. separately (do the track 10 pcs at a time and the switches and transformers separately), you'll probably make a lot more money.

--Wag--
That's probably true. I got my N scale Kato engines when they first started making them. They are all worth more now than when I bought them.

Trust me I would love to part them out, and ebay, but I have zero time, I only have weekends to build the garage. Just for offers..... I dont want thousands, but hundreds would get the ball rolling. Make an offer, I will either say yes or no. Also, I am like I said building a shop, so I need stuff. Tools, air tools, mechanics boxes, shop stuff. I am heavy into trading.

If you haven't noticed, I'm trying really hard to talk myself into this in some way.

Bastid. Why'dja hafta post this up?!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I can help- all the cars will be carefully hand wrapped by a skilled migrant Vietnamese family, that specializes in wrapping H.O. scale train sets. I will throw in EVERYTHING buddy, you will be building to christmas, at least.

Gawd, it's tempting. Must resist. Must resist.

--Wag--

Back