Anyone leaving early Thurs, April 22 in the VA area?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
...or passing through that day?

Kind of looking like my riding buddies might not make this run. Andy's done it before and he was taking his wife, Dallas along...if the Dragon is closed, they might cancel because the draw this year was that Dallas had not run the Dragon before...

Just me sort of making a plan B here...anyone heading down around that time so I can follow along? I don't mind meeting up; likely heading toward Staunton to pick up I-81 and head south...

Nothing firm yet, but I'm trying to see if I can meet up with anyone and ride down. I'm not a fan of riding all that way alone; don't mind saying it either :laugh: I've got two young sons to think about, so I'd rather travel with friends...

If I can't make plans to ride the Busa, I will likely just drive myself down, Busaless...

...or passing through that day?

Kind of looking like my riding buddies might not make this run. Andy's done it before and he was taking his wife, Dallas along...if the Dragon is closed, they might cancel because the draw this year was that Dallas had not run the Dragon before...

Just me sort of making a plan B here...anyone heading down around that time so I can follow along? I don't mind meeting up; likely heading toward Staunton to pick up I-81 and head south...

Nothing firm yet, but I'm trying to see if I can meet up with anyone and ride down. I'm not a fan of riding all that way alone; don't mind saying it either :laugh: I've got two young sons to think about, so I'd rather travel with friends...

If I can't make plans to ride the Busa, I will likely just drive myself down, Busaless...

Hey Chelle,

Duane and I will be looking at leaving maybe Wednesday night...is that an option for you? Maybe you can follow?

Let me know!:thumbsup:

Not sure if I am leaving Wednesday or Thursday, but send me your route through NC. I rode the whole way by myself last year and know it can get a little boring.

We'll be heading through a few days earlier, if you can pull the extra time away, you are welcome to follow us south through Raleigh then out to the dragon :cool:

Not sure if I am leaving Wednesday or Thursday, but send me your route through NC. I rode the whole way by myself last year and know it can get a little boring.

I think your schedule best suits my initial plans Ken :) Now that I've seen the news of them reopening the dragon, I'm hoping my travel companions will go. If not, I'll be in touch!! I'd head down near Greensboro I think...have to look at the route if I go that way... :)

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

I think your schedule best suits my initial plans Ken :) Now that I've seen the news of them reopening the dragon, I'm hoping my travel companions will go. If not, I'll be in touch!! I'd head down near Greensboro I think...have to look at the route if I go that way... :)

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Okay, let me know. Either way I guess I'll see you there.

Okay, let me know. Either way I guess I'll see you there.

I will Ken. If my friends don't bail, perhaps we can arrange to swing by your way and you can tag along with us :thumbsup: I can't imagine riding all that way alone; I fall asleep riding and it's scary :laugh:

Leave early and go with Zukracer and I, Ill even ride your Busa if you need a rest, Im just that nice of a person to trouble myself like that:whistle:

Leave early and go with Zukracer and I, Ill even ride your Busa if you need a rest, Im just that nice of a person to trouble myself like that:whistle:

:laugh: Wow, how could I pass that up?! :p I can't take off too much time from work *sigh* Slave to the grind :laugh:

OK wonderful Busa guys from the oRg, I think I have my plans intact and that my friends (Andy and Dallas) will be going along...this is good news because 1) I won't be riding all that way alone - I am skeered :laugh: and 2) Now I have a Harley to haul all of my crap :rofl:

See you guys next week!! Thanks for the offers of help...I'd decided if I couldn't ride down with friends, I'd just take Tess (my Mustang) down and have fun on the Dragon with her :)

I'm not going, but if you all are traveling through VA to 81, I can tag along for awhile...and show you some good twisty detours to get there too:laugh:

I'm not going, but if you all are traveling through VA to 81, I can tag along for awhile...and show you some good twisty detours to get there too:laugh:

I think we are heading down via I-81, but with such a long trip, how much time will your route take us? And why aren't you going?! :poke: :rulez:

I think we are heading down via I-81, but with such a long trip, how much time will your route take us? And why aren't you going?! :poke: :rulez:

When you said Stauton to 81, I thought you'de be coming 460w to 81s. Lots of nice countryside and the Blue Ridge Parkway between the two. But you do have a LONG ride, so I understand, another time perhaps. And I don't have the cash to go myself right now, as well as not being able to obay the speed limit for that long:laugh: I hear the cops at the Dragon are quite unfriendly.

When you said Stauton to 81, I thought you'de be coming 460w to 81s. Lots of nice countryside and the Blue Ridge Parkway between the two. But you do have a LONG ride, so I understand, another time perhaps. And I don't have the cash to go myself right now, as well as not being able to obay the speed limit for that long:laugh: I hear the cops at the Dragon are quite unfriendly.

Pfft...you can still go...just stay behind me and you won't break the sound barrier...you won't even come close!

I was just passing through Staunton yesterday, on my way back from Kentucky. I love that whole area of VA, thinking about heading back that way this weekend with my kids...

Pfft...you can still go...just stay behind me and you won't break the sound barrier...you won't even come close!

I was just passing through Staunton yesterday, on my way back from Kentucky. I love that whole area of VA, thinking about heading back that way this weekend with my kids...

:laugh: Sorry, my friends and I are hooligans, knees down or wheel up:laugh: it's like a nervous twitch, can't help it:laugh: But it makes a difference cause we're not rippin through a main street or endangering others. Lots of long straight country roads, as well as tons of curves, with no driveways, intersections, traffic, people, ect., you screw up, it's just you, and the trees are always there to help you stop!

Way back from KY and you didn't message Pipe? :(

Back