*****Anyone know anything about this?******

OB_Quincy

Registered
In total Suzuki wants $4,500 canadian for them. And I guess this is a good excuse to paint the bike. Will the aftermarket fairings be stronger? I know they will be lighter. Plus painting is about $1,000CND. So after doing the math I will be saving about 1,500 and have a bike that finally matches my jacket.

If replacing stock, go with the Sharkskinz. really hard to beat. Ready to paint. Crash and it will hold together, try that with AT and you will have a bunch of trash (parts) all over the place.

Ok thanks Jeff. The only problem I have with Sharkskinz is the little fender by the exhaust. Its once piece and Suzuki's is not. I was wandering how it will fit. And I just learnt that the kit in the picture is the racing and the street is a little more like the original, light holes and all.

Quincy call Jim at 1800-992-0127 I got full 2k fairing kit for 2300$ including tank and fairing stay for the front handlebars.By the way this is brand new in the box oem equipment.

Here is my dilema.

I dumped my bike and need new fairings.
Suzuki is asking waaaaaaaaay to much, thus aftermarket.

I know nothing about body work and painting but here are my two options.

Either go with Sharkskins:
http://www.sharkskinz.com/Suzuki/GSX1300/GSX1300PICS.HTML

Or go with Airtech:
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/00gsx1300hayabusa.htm

Here are the stats I have so far:
Sharkskinz : $835
Quote: "Combining special epoxy resins, primers and woven cloth SharkSkinz thoroughly out performs the competition. Every piece of SharkSkinz bodywork is backed by our "No Spider Web Cracking" guarantee. Due to the fact that we use no gelcoats, a thick brittle surface coat common in fiberglass parts, our parts won't get stress cracks in the finish like other bodywork. All SharkSkinz are finished in urethane primer and are ready to scuff and paint for a flawless finish. Your painter will love you. Due to our special resin and fiberglass combination, SharkSkinz are also able to survive crashes that would reduce other bodywork to dust."

Air Tech: $783
Quote: "Air-Tech is proud to introduce "Flex VE" finishing coat. Over one year in R&D, this revolutionary finishing coat totally replaces the Gelcoat and the problems of the Gelcoat. With high elongation and flexibility, Flex VE is an innovating new product that will out perform the other ugly primered parts on the market. The high-gloss white and custom colors are almost too nice to paint."

Which do you think is better both in looks and finish?

Thanks.

I can't answer your question, but here's a coupla of thoughts:

1. If you are going to have these parts professionally painted, you should find out what that is going to cost first. You might wind up paying the same thing as the OEM price.

2. Did you check www.ronayersmotorsports.com? They discount OEM parts. I recommend them highly.

Thats the price we pay for dropping or crashing them... I had to replace the left and right sides... Cost $735.00 each Canadian. I know it is a rip-off, plastics cost nothing to make. The most expensive part of it is the mold.... The other manufacturers are no cheaper.

Have you ever noticed how your dealer always sells for list. Less 10% if you are a good boy? I was in retail for about 13 years... I can tell you that most resellers pay at least 40% off of retail.

Price out the full set of decals from Suzuki... (Now that is a rip-off) better to buy them from tapeworks.

I am in the process of repainting the entire bike a solid color. Too many blue/silver bikes here.

Will cost another $500.00 for that!

Sucks to be me!

[This message has been edited by adowell (edited 26 July 2000).]

Quincy, pending how bad the damage is I would find a good bodyshop and let them do their magic on your fairings and get a nice new look for your busa. Now if you want to keep it stock looking then you back where you started(sharkskins or airtech). Just my 2cents.

Quincy - I would have to agree with the Rebell on this one. My 97' RR fairings got waxed pretty bad, one was even broke in half. I took them to my body guy and he fixed and painted them for next to nothing. Not to mention that looked better then new!

GSXRboy

So your saying that the serious road rash and a two inch crack in my fairing can be repaired?

if u bought oem..u spend more money.

if u buy a-tech or sharkskinz, the aftermarket stuff is much lighter, and u still have to paint em............so the price is really about the same in the end.

BUT, when ur done putting the aftermarket bodywork on and its lighter............ (lighter means quicker)......than it wud b my choice to get the sharkskinz!!

Back