Anyone installed a power outlet?

ALLshow.NOgo

Registered
I just bought this today and hoping for some tips on where to get the power from :-)

Power%20Outlet%20%282%29.JPG

Power%20Outlet%20%281%29.JPG

Power%20Outlet.JPG

(cell phone pics)

I tried to PM you and got this:

That user is not allowed to receive messages so this message has been rejected

You are currently logged in as BusaWhipped

To answer your question, check out this post:

If you still have questions, let me know.

there is a connector (not used) in the nose next to the right of the speedo. use a multi meter to determine which is power and ground and splice her in.
here's mine

gpspp.JPG

I put an outlet under my seat so I could plug things in. I wired it right to the battery so I had to make sure to turn it off or it could kill it.

plug2.JPG

yeah something weird happened last night when I tried to change my email for the account. I bookmarked this page for when I do the install on my next off day! Thanks for both of your inputs guys.

BTW xzvs, you mentioned 'there is a connector (not used) in the nose next to the right of the speedo. use a multi meter to determine which is power and ground and splice her in.' does that mean the power outlet can draw power from this source? I have seen this unused black connector and wondered its use. thanks.

that connection is for euro models that use the turn signals as running lights.
i'm using it to power my boost and fuel pressure gauges.

good luck with the install

Just some caution about using that extra connector for a power outlet. It draws power from the 10 AMP low beam circuit. If you overload it by plugging something in that draws too much load, you will lose your low beam when the fuse blows.

Just some caution about using that extra connector for a power outlet.  It draws power from the 10 AMP low beam circuit.  If you overload it by plugging something in that draws too much load, you will lose your low beam when the fuse blows.
Dang that sucks I already have an aftermarket bulb for the low beam. Thanks for the word of caution man. I may not use that one afterall. I will PM when I am ready to do the install k? thanks.
smile.gif

Word of caution, some of those xenon blu bulbs have been know to smoke the stock low beam wiring on Busa'z !!!!!

With a stock low beam you could  put in a larger fuse! You can probably get away and not blow your fuse by increasing it by another five amps, for example, if there is a 10 amp fuse currently in place then replace it with a 15 amp fuse. To find out exactly how much  of a larger fuse you will need to replace your original fuse locate the amp draw on the item you wish to plug in or use a volt meter.

As I said before, a five amp increase (no more than 10) should be sufficient (safe) while using a minor device such as a cell phone,mp3,gps, etc .   To test it, just turn on both items (low bean and your add on),if the fuse blows, you have too much of a amp draw and will need to step it up a lil bit more.  Just dont get over zealous by increasing your fuse to supply a larger amp draw device or it will burn (melt) the supplying wire. The stock wires on the bike as with other wiring are rated to handle only so much amperage !!!!

Rhythm

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150124189 -->

Back