Anyone in Chicago Area?

Liquidous

Registered
id like to find someone in the chicago area - who has a busa, knows the bike decently, and willing to go over to chicago cycles dealership and look at the few 04 blk/purple busas they have there and find me the bike and vin# of the bike you would buy as if you were looking for a new bike for yourself. , after checking it out all over for scratches, and other tell tale signs . im 5 hours away and need to make a decision. because i can not see the bike i am going to make a deal on over the phone, id like to hire someone to go check it out for me... i also want 0 miles on the bike, and unstarted/unprepped at all. you could smell the exhaust to see if that is the case (right?)

anyone interested? please let me know and we could make a deal privately.
anyone interested? please let me know and we could make a deal privately.

<!--EDIT|Liquidous
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103153441 -->

You don't really need to do this!

If you buy it BRAND NEW bike, site unseen, they are required to replace anything damaged. I know what you mean by wanting it perfect but if it's not, the dealer has to fix it regardless. As long as you point it out BEFORE you take delivery, you are good to go.

Also, check a few dealers in OHIO, they sell them about as cheap as you can get them especially this time of year.
wink.gif
Try Toledo Motorsports and a couple others, they sell them year round for around $9300-9500 OTD so you could get an 05 for that price!
cool.gif

I agree, no need to spend money to have someone get you a new bike....I would just call the closest dealer and if you have time just order a new one in, or explain what you are looking for....they will have to meet your demands if they want the sale...You may be able to even pick up a brand new 04 for a huge discount over the 05 models....I paid only $9400 for my 04 and that was in June...so I am sure if there are any 04 still at a dealer you can get a super deal to get them out of there...

If you're talking about Chicago Cycle Center, you're wasting your time. They are nothing but a big borg store, like a Super Walmart for motorcycles...nothing special about them and you won't get any kind of deal worth bragging about.

One of your local dealers should be able to get you what you want in the mid 9's. I bought my '04 back in April for $9725 OTD. Also check that dealer in Ohio that Got Busa mentioned, I've heard nothing but good about them and considered buying from them but my local dealers were in the ball park when compared with their pricing.

Oh, and don't expect to buy an unprepped, never started or ridden bike. When they are unpacked from the crate they get put together, started and test ridden before being offered for sale.

dang I didn't think their were any Blk/pur left. Yeah have them deliver it to your house and check it out there. And take your time inspecting the thing for scratches etc etc. Any noted flaws and you should have the deliver guy sign what was found and call the dealer immediately. Have the shipping guy confirm to the dealer what was found. Ask the dealer what thier intentions are before you sign for the bike. If the damage if any is minor ask for the extended warranty for free. Or maybe a free set of gear.

Back