Anybody running E85 on their gen 2

spooledup

Registered
I was curious if anybody is running E85 on their gen 2 Hayabusa. Me and a buddy built his turbo ZX14 and its running E85. My Supra is on E85 also. I know a lot about the fuel and I am not worried about its corrosiveness. I am interested in what kind of power gains you could see on an NA Hayabusa with E85. My buddy said the ZX14 guys have seen 7-8 hp by switching over to E85 and getting it tuned. I wonder if you could get more out of a Busa by getting more aggressive with the timing. Any info would be appreciated.

Cisco

Hmmmm, I know a lot about fuel, but I have never used E85 in place of high octane gasoline. I would suspect you have to richen up the mixture a lot. I have no experience with E85 and now you have me thinking......

On paper the gain is 3% if you do the math using the BTUs in E85. I have changed several cars over the E85 and they always show the 3% gain. Check out my website. V8muscle.net

makes sense in almost every application where the availability isn't an issue and your right, turbos and superchargers love it. The only draw back is the need to upgrade the fuel systems to cope with increase volume needs.
CWB

Back