Any suggestions on how to ventilate a jacket

NCBusa2001

Registered
OK here's the deal. I got a "team Jordan" Joe rocket jacket during the winter for under $100. I really like the jacket but I see it getting hot in the summer.

Is there any one that you can send a jacket to in order to punch ventilation holes. I've checked online and couldn't find a resource. I've looked into doing it myself with a leather punch. It seems all the leather punches I find don't have deep enough mouth to punch very far, though I could do the edges of the leather, but that would be it.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Chris

Buy a new ventilated leather or textile/mesh for summer.
beerchug.gif

You can try Spyderleatherworks.com here in Milwaukee. The Lady there is known as the leather magician. Hope that helps

I don't think a mesh would have protected me in my crash. I went down in gravel and the little stones would have penetrated the mesh and probably been ground into my flesh. Yuck. Leather is much better or maybe try the textile jackets.

If you punch holes, it'll be cold when the temps are low.

However, if you cut a slit in the front and back, install meshin the slit and install a zipper to both, then you can be ventilated and non-ventilated. The best of both worlds.

I would just by another jacket...
thumb_up.gif
the mesh will protect you just fine, it has body armor on the inside...

For what someone would charge you not to mention what it would look like you can buy a new one cheaper.

r8

I used a gasket punch set, it has dies from 1/4 up to 5/8. Use a 2x4 under the leather. For sleeves just slide the board in.

Probably get a punch set at harbor freight for less than 10 bux.

Getcha one of them there holepunches for school.
beerchug.gif

Seriously, maybe an auto upholstery shop could do it for ya. Or check around your 'hood for a leather shop.

I used a gasket punch set, it has dies from 1/4 up to 5/8. Use a 2x4 under the leather. For sleeves just slide the board in.

Probably get a punch set at harbor freight for less than 10 bux.
WOW, why didn't I think of a gasket punch. That should work great.

FYI: I have a few mesh jackets already. They just don't seem to have the protection that the leather offers. So being fat and heat intollerant, I was just looking for "cooler" options for what I have already.

Thanks,
Chris

Back