Any ideas on the best place to start on a 03 GSXR 600 to make it a little faster?

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
Besides selling it and buying a Busa LOL, It is my brothers wifes bike and they are wanting to make it a little quicker, I think the first and best thing would be sprocket change, And maybe a header to go with the Yosi slip on, But not sure cause I havent ever owned one. Throw me out some ideas.

Besides selling it and buying a Busa LOL, It is my brothers wifes bike and they are wanting to make it a little quicker, I think the first and best thing would be sprocket change, And maybe a header to go with the Yosi slip on, But not sure cause I havent ever owned one. Throw me out some ideas.

Full pipe, short stacks, BMC race, powercommander, -1 on the front sprocket, and a good tune. If you want more than that, you can pull the head, mill it .010", run a thin head gasket, and run some 750 cams. While the head is off, a clean-up port and fresh valve job wouldn't hurt, either . . .

or, you could find a used Slow Boy Racing turbo kit on ebay and have some fun with that.

Just add some stickers and stick-on scoops from autozone, C'mon Frank, you should know these things :lol:

Back