Any Aircraft Pilots Here?

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
Got my Private with Complex and High Performace endorsements in Colorado Springs (1991). Went through a mountain course and did most of my flying there.
Spent some time flying with Colorado Civil Air Patrol out of Pete Field. Pete Field was COOL! Military Base/Commercial Airport.
Routinely had F-16's, A-10's, etc, off to one side of me waiting for take off. Havent done much flying in Va. (beautiful state but not the same).    

Got too close to Camp Perry (CIA base) here one day (pre 9-11),(not restricted airspace at that time), and they sent a plane up that threatended to mid-air me!

Mostly Cessna 172's. Spent a years worth of 172 rental money on one hour in a dual control P-51.  I Did everything (except takeoff and landings), including aerobatics.(Love that 1700Hp Merlin Engine) Fun Stuff. Havent flown in years, general aviation has changed. Pic of me flying around Pikes Peak attached.

PikesPeak.jpg

i know learjett is a corporate pilot. others im not sure though...

PP single and high performance for me....

I had an F16 do the "gear/flaps down" go away inspection when I wandered into a military zone in AZ (AZ to CA is a narrow corridor) pretty intimidating and they can knock you out of the air without touching you.

Is funny watching them try to keep pace at 120 knots

Virtually all my time is in 172 Straight leg and my HP time was in a 206 Turbo (my dads plane)

Flying in the Springs must have been pretty sweet... were you at the academy there?

Yeah, there are a number of us on here that are Pilots. And it's sure correct about the cost and the difference in flying now and 10 years ago. Alot more restrictive, makes you wonder  
winkold.gif
what kind of control and loss of Personal Freedoms the Government will have over all of us in the next ten years
sad.gif

PP single and high performance for me....

I had an F16 do the "gear/flaps down" go away inspection when I wandered into a military zone in AZ (AZ to CA is a narrow corridor) pretty intimidating and they can knock you out of the air without touching you.  

Is funny watching them try to keep pace at 120 knots

Virtually all my time is in  172 Straight leg and my HP time was in a 206 Turbo (my dads plane)

Flying in the Springs must have been pretty sweet... were you at the academy there?
I lived in Colorado Springs for about 13 years, left in 1997. Never had the honor of being in the Military (Dad was a WW2 Vet(Cool Generation)).
Worked full time and went to school. Studied Electrical Engineering and Solid State Physics at UCCS. Senior year started a business with one of my Physics Professors there, but thats another story.

I use to hike on the academy property on the weekends. Beautiful area, took an act of congress to fly into their airspace though.

Yeah, there are a number of us on here that are Pilots. And it's sure correct about the cost and the difference in flying now and 10 years ago. Alot more restrictive, makes you wonder  
winkold.gif
what kind of control and loss of Personal Freedoms the Government will have over all of us in the next ten years
sad.gif
Yep, a buddy of mine is working on his recreational license. He follows general aviation much more closely than I do.
Use to be the average Joe could afford to go flying on the weekends. Now insurance, fees, etc, etc. has gone up.
I kinda looked at it as, I could afford a couple of hobbies for what I was spending on flying, and if I didnt stay proficient, I was a danger to myself and others.
Ill do some flying with my buddy when he gets his license. Lots of good memories from flying!

I got like 60 hrs back in the early 90's. Ran out of money and life took over. I would like to get back into it but, the mistress gets all of my extra money...and a lot thats not axtra.
firedevil.gif

I got like 60 hrs back in the early 90's.  Ran out of money and life took over.  I would like to get back into it but, the mistress gets all of my extra money...and a lot thats not axtra.
firedevil.gif
Amen Brother, infinite amount of things to do with that finite amount of fun money left over to spend.

private here, but i did get an instructor to sign my logbook for flying, or falling, the space shuttle motion simulator at johnson space center... 1.2 sim recieved!!!

private here, but i did get an instructor to sign my logbook for flying, or falling, the space shuttle motion simulator at johnson space center... 1.2 sim recieved!!!
Sweeet, I bet the Shuttle Simulator was cool, not too many people can say they have done that!
I got a couple hours in the Blackhawk Helecopter simulator at Ft. Carson Colorado. They said I flew it like a fixed wing pilot.....hmmm wonder why?

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
sbfuller @ Nov. 09 2007 said:
1216902[/ATTACH] AM]
Sweeet, I bet the Shuttle Simulator was cool, not too many people can say they have done that!
    I got a couple hours in the Blackhawk Helecopter simulator at Ft. Carson Colorado. They said I flew it like a fixed wing pilot.....hmmm wonder why?
the very first flight simulator run on windows had better graphics... it was in like 16 colors. imagine shuttle simulator on old school nintendo... but there was a sh*tload of buttons!!!!

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Don't have a license but I jumped out of them for years (about 700 times).
beerchug.gif

So thanks to people like you guys, I had fun too.
bowdown.gif

Don't have a license but I jumped out of them for years (about 700 times).  
beerchug.gif

So thanks to people like you guys, I had fun too.  
bowdown.gif
Cool, did one static line jump out of a cessna, just to make sure I could do it.
The day before I jumped, they had a student jump, the static line bag was thumping against the plane(normal) as he descended.
A student (in the tail of the plane (waiting to jump), panicked thinking the guy was holding on the tail pounding to get back in!
Funny what people make up in their heads under unusual circumstances, we about all died laughing when the pilot told us that.

I have my rec license, but i only get decent amounts of flying time in the summer when my dad is here. he has a 172, and the price is right for rentals... =)

I have my rec license, but i only get decent amounts of flying time in the summer when my dad is here.  he has a 172, and the price is right for rentals...  =)
Nice knowing someone with a plane. A friend has a share with 4 other people in a 172. I guess if you knew and trusted everyone in the share and didnt have time conflicts, that might work? I think he paid 10K for his share, I dont remember the year of the 172.

SEL high perf and complex. Licensed in '82 and have over 1000 hrs, all VFR. Well, mostly. Tried twice for the instrument rating but got bored.
Flew a lot out of Chesterfield in the Richmond area in VA. Belonged to the Wingnuts flying club for several years. In '96, flew their Skylane 150 hrs. Mostly to the beaches and back. We kept a car at Manteo so we'd have wheels when we landed. Lots of fun.
Moved to GA and haven't flown much since. They fly like they drive.
It's safer on the ground.
Used to rent planes in Tampa and ORL. Once, flew from ORL to the cape where I was allowed to fly down the shuttle runway. Got it on tape too. Very cool.

SEL high perf and complex. Licensed in '82 and have over 1000 hrs, all VFR. Well, mostly. Tried twice for the instrument rating but got bored.
Flew a lot out of Chesterfield in the Richmond area in VA. Belonged to the Wingnuts flying club for several years. In '96, flew their Skylane 150 hrs. Mostly to the beaches and back. We kept a car at Manteo so we'd have wheels when we landed. Lots of fun.
Moved to GA and haven't flown much since. They fly like they drive.
It's safer on the ground.
Used to rent planes in Tampa and ORL. Once, flew from ORL to the cape where I was allowed to fly down the shuttle runway. Got it on tape too. Very cool.
Cool, did my Virginia flying out of Chesterfield myself. Rented 172's from Dominion Aviation. Have met a few people from Wingnuts over the years. Small World.

Back