Another Tire Question?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Are the Michelin PP 2 ct's dual compound on both tires or just the rear?

Wondering minds want to know!

3 types of ruber 2 types on each tire
Live you a link were you can see
lurk.gif

http://www.mototest.be/equip%5Fmoto/Michelin%5F2CT/

I know, it´s in french but gives you an ideia

The dual compound tires should make it much nicer for us now. I am putting the BT021's on my bike. I had no issue with the 56's, and with just over 4500 miles, they did good. But I wanted the dual compound this time.
beerchug.gif

When you ride a few miles with the BT-21 give us some feedback, their behavior in twits, acelaration, warm up...well the usual
whistling.gif

After scraping the Bt-015 i have to think in a tire that last´s a few more miles than the bt-15

I read the article. It's written by a motorcycle magazine journalist. It speaks of the Pilot Race being dual compound front and rear but does not mention the 2 ct having dual compound in both front and rear?

If you go to Michelin's website it only mentions the rear having dual compound and does not refer to the front being dual compound.

I'm still not convinced the front is dual although it could be? I sent michelin an email and ask that question but they must be to busy to respond?
rock.gif

You know, I just assumed front and rear were dual-compound. I've never heard or read otherwise. It's certainly more expensive than the regular Pilot Powers. I do know that the Pirelli Corsa IIIs only have the rears as dual-compound.

The reason I posted this thread is after reading Michelin's info on the 2ct listed on their website, it distinctly says the "REAR" is dual compound and does not mention the front. I ask one of my Michelin addict friends and he said the front was not dual compound. So I presented it to you guys thinking as many Michelin fans as we have here, someone would "KNOW" the answer and not just assume?

Great question. I ride 2ct's and love them except for the fact that I went 190 in the rear. Great profile for dropping in the turns but doesn't hold squat when punching a straight line.

beerchug.gif

This is what Michelin has to say on their website. At the end of their sales pitch this is inserted behind an (*).

*22% on the rear tire.

Never mentions a word about the front?

When their website describes their Pilot Power Race tires they leave no room for doubt, both tires are dual compound.

I'm a bit suspicious Michelin may have misled the masses with devious advertising methods?

If anyone can find anything directly from michelin confirming the 2cts front tire compounds, please share. I think this is worth getting a straight answer from michelin? I have emailed them twice in the last three months asking this question with no response? I wonder why?

Itï¾â€™s time to switch to the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT.

Features and Benefits

Made for sportbike riders who use their bikes on both the road and at the track
Front tire is 10%-80%-10%, with Soft compound on the shoulders and Medium-Soft in the center
Rear tire is 11%-78%-11%, with Medium-Soft compound on the shoulders and Medium in the center

Source: http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cf....er2=218

beerchug.gif

Back