Another luggage thread

Newbus, your pic raises a new question, not necessarily for me but maybe for others wanting to fit luggage...

Arnt the stock cans sort of structural to the chassis? what are the implications of putting aftermarket cans on then putting a luggage frame onto it?

any stress issues with the fixings?

As yet i dont plan on swapping the cans (i would do it for weight, but dont really want the bike much louder.... well ok, maybe just a little!)

Andy.

Hi no the stock cans are not structural to chassis they are mounted same as these. Unless you are seriously overloading panniers and using all the time like that you should have no problems.The K8 does not have the same problems as the earlier Busa .Most aftermarket exhausts have removable baffles so you either leave them in or remove them.

Hi no the stock cans are not structural to chassis they are mounted same as these. Unless you are seriously overloading panniers and using all the time like that you should have no problems.The K8 does not have the same problems as the earlier Busa .Most aftermarket exhausts have removable baffles so you either leave them in or remove them.

I couldnt understand it myself, the only thing i could guess at was whether it kept the back end stiffer and if you replaced them with cans that have those aluminium straps it wouldnt have the same stiffness.

couldnt swear by it though, in fact cant even remember where i read it.

Andy.

The problem you will run into as I did with aftermarket exhaust is they get in the way of the luggage system... Had to completely cut mine up and re-weld them to make them work. Then sent them out to the powder coaters... Oh and they will dump exhaust gases onto the luggage rack so you also have to allow for this! Lots of work but worth it in the long run if you ask me.

P10100144.jpg

Handlebar conversion .Sw motech racks .E42 top box .E21 side boxes.
Side rails will accept bigger boxes but not v35 type and now also has zero gravity touring screen :thumbsup:

You ever looked at Third Wheel Trailers - When play becomes the long haul, we are right behind you. ?

Back