angled valve stems-- suggestions?

got both sets of my 90 degree Ariete stems from Goldenchild :beerchug:

Be damn sure to use a torque wrench on the install. Those are tiny little aluminum threads and you don't want the threads stretched or stripped! Add a little grease to the oring before you force it through the hole.

Another suggestion is to remove the valve stems, lightly oil the threads and reinstall before mounting them into the rim. I have install many of these things and the biggest problem I found was getting the valve stem out for the very first time. They must put them in with a 1 inch drive high output air wrench. I had one that pealed the threads out of the stem when the valve stem came out. Best to have that happen before the install than after!

However, they work great. I have them on every bike. Gixxer HP is correct on the stem being angled to the right side. However, I mount the race bikes to the left as to avoid the exhaust while checking air pressure. Since race bikes have no kickstands it's not an issue on which way they are installed.

Bogus, Since you mentioned loosing air when you check the pressure, I would suggest using a guage with a straight push on locking clip. I have one that came from RoadGear.com that works great and it's deadly accurate (Checked it with two different $400 guages used by the tire vendors at the track). It's accuracy was within .05 of a pound. Plenty good enough for track day use.

If you need, I'll look up the part number at RoadGear.com. The guage is around $70 if I remember correctly. I feel your pain using a guage that doesn't seal right around the valve stem and you loose a pound of air every time you check the tire. :beerchug:

Heck, I thought you had designed some new heads with some weird angled valves in it. You got me on the thread topic! I was wondering if maybe we had a new Suzuki/Brodix head coming..............I was off base!:rofl:

Back