And so it begins...Senate debate on Gun Control (live link)

Yesterday it sounded like there was about an even split with two undecided.

It is split evenly between a bunch of sane folks and a bunch of Bretts :hide:

He knows I luv him :kiss:

Background check expansion Defeated! Guess you should fix and enforce what you have before you ask for more! Now to the amendments.

DEFEATED. But not by enough. We must remain vigilant.

Biden: “If we don't get it today, we'll get it eventually,” he assured gun control supporters.

"I see this as just Round One," Obama said in his Rose Garden remarks.

Maybe I can buy some ammo now! Crap this gun stuff has put a serious damper on my shooting on the weekends.. A .22 round shouldn't cost .43 cents..

And so it ends...short thread. :)

Today was just the first day. Debate on gun control is expected to go two weeks.
While today was their best chance of getting something passed the coming debates are what I
want to hear. We will still hear them speak regarding 'assault weapons' and hi cap mags.
As mentioned I'm making my list and checking twice....
.....gonna see who's been naughty or nice. :)

Several amendments to the bill were voted on today. The assault weapons ban was voted down as well.

Senate votes down Feinstein's assault weapons ban - latimes.com

Today was just the first day. Debate on gun control is expected to go two weeks.
While today was their best chance of getting something passed the coming debates are what I
want to hear. We will still hear them speak regarding 'assault weapons' and hi cap mags.
As mentioned I'm making my list and checking twice....
.....gonna see who's been naughty or nice. :)

Good maybe now prices will go down and stock will come up. This way us gunnuts can go back to hoarding without all the Johnny come Latelys.

Yes because it was absurd what the cost was for rifles, mags and ammo..... hopefully it comes back to normal now that all of these changes were shot down "pun intended".

Back