amg batteries

Nick7

Registered
has any one heard of the AMG batteries AGM stands for Absorbed Glass Mat). from what i have been told they use gel instead of water or acid and even be mounted sideways for custom jobs. My buddy ordered on for his vmax when he was in the states... just wondering if you all knew anything about them. Thanks!

Alot of Bike/ATV batteries are the gel type. I just bought 2. One for my '08 Suzuki Kingquad ATV and one for a 2006 Honda 750 shadow.

Ace how are they holding up and can you tell any difference? and are they worth the few extra dollars?

I'm running the Extreme X2-12 in my 03 Busa now. I've only had it in there for a couple of weeks but so far so good.

Your stock Yuasa battery is an AGM, as are most modern sealed batteries. I would never put a regular battery in a motorcycle again. AGM means no vent tubes, no drips of acid corroding your bike.

You can get the Yuasa battery YT12A-BS at Competition Accessories for $110 shipped. I think this is made in the USA. You can maybe find it cheaper by surfing the web, but Comp Acc ships really quickly. There are also some chinese made batteries you can get for about $85 shipped. I'd go for the Yuasa.

How well these batteries work and how long they last are up to the way that they are used. I had Optima batteries in my last show car and it worked really well.

i am very impatient and dont want to wait for shipping but it is looking like i am going to have to wait for it to get here... i cannot find anything on the economy here in germany

Both the batteries i bought were factory replacement..so yeah they have been using them a while. I love the fact of no vent tube!
I have kept both batteries on the tender and are cranking and working fine.

Back