Akropovic exhaust for $839.00

Gixx1300R

Registered
I ordered my Akropovic exhaust from Starcycles last Wednesday for $839 plus shipping.How I got it for that price was very simple.Underdog posted on Hayabusa.org that he would sell the Povic for $859.00 plus shipping.I almost ordered from him until I remember the ad at Starcycles which says they will beat anyone's price so I e mailed them.They agreed to the $839 price but said that I was a one time deal and couldnt offer to anyone else.The e mails from Starcycles are posted below.Now if Underdog's price is still good then anyone should be able to get the Povic from Starcycles for this price.If not then they are not true to their advertising.

Nick

Subj: Re: Akropovic exhaust
Date: 4/15/00 3:35:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: Gixx1300R

Contact me Monday morning 704-642-0987 ask for Doug. I will be availiable 8.00-1.30 est

thanks Doug

Date: 4/16/00 7:19:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time

HELLO,
$949 WITH YOUR CHOICE OF CARBON OR TITANIUM MUFFLER. FOR MORE INFO, OR TO ORDER, PLEASE PHONE US AT: 661-295-5000 OR 800-990-2453. OR YOU CAN ORDER ONLINE. MENTION THIS E-MAIL FOR A FREE
T-SHIRT WITH YOUR ORDER ! - STARCYCLE, USA (LYN, TERRY OR CHRIS)

PS: WE'LL BEAT ANY LEGIT MAIL-ORDER / INTERNET PRICE!Subj:

Re: Akropovic exhaust
Date: 4/16/00 8:54:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time

HELLO,
$839 PLUS SHIPPING. FOR THIS SPECIAL PRICE, PLEASE PHONE
TOMORROW . WE OPEN 6AM PACIFIC TIME -- 9AM EASTERN TIME.
ASK FOR LYN. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU. -- STARCYCLE, USA

Date: 4/16/00 9:11:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time

PS: THIS IS A ONE-TIME PRICE. I CHECKED OUR COST AND CANNOT
SELL AT THIS PRICE TO ANYONE ELSE. -- LYN

Does'nt suprise me to see you score a decent deal, I did'nt think you were about to pay full list.

To everyone that may still want a ARKRAPOVIC pipe I will also beat STARCYCLE price I can Now sell the pipe for 829.00 plus shipping.
THATS RIGHT 829.00 PLUS SHIPPING!! The little guy can also beat big guy prices!!

I only ask one thing only........Only contact me if you are serious about the pipe I already spend a huge amount of time replying to email which I dont mind, but to have someone order a pipe from the competition(and I might add--that didn't even bother to try to deal on the price via the internet or MUCH LESS ADVERTISE A VERY LOW PRICE AS I DID trying to help all of us out so we don't have to pay high prices for aftermarket parts).So they end up with the sell. I can only go so low on prices but how many times have ANY of us seen STARCYCLE on these boards? Gixxer13300r you should have emailed me back we could have work something out-in anycase you have purchased a excellant pipe- enjoy

underdog, can you get the muzzy ti pipe? i rode my buddy's zx12 stock and later with the muzzy pipe on it and it was like a new bike. seat of the pants you can feel the diference. also the busa has more bottom end than the 12.

Let me see what I can do on the Muzzy pipes,I will post something Monday.
AS for the Arkapovic pipes--I am sorry to annouce that I can no longer offer the pipe for $829.00.Due to many factors..
1.There has been a price increase -Arkapovic decided to only make a RACE version of their pipe instead of a sport production pipe-Therefore the price has risen to AND THIS IS WHAT I CAN NOW SELL THE PIPE FOR-$896.25 PLUS SHIPPING. This price is good for either the carbon or titanium can pipes.
2. I was unaware of the increase and I spoke to soon when I posted the pipe for 829.00.That was a good price before I was notified by my distibutor that an increase had occured.

I want to apoligize to everyone simply for the reason that when i post a price i absolutely intend on selling it for that price. But unfortualy I cannot honor the 829.00 price.

Doug"underdog" Ray

Louder can.

Akro was one pipe that makes really good power but isn't terribly loud on the street.

I wonder how much louder their new system is.

Underdog;

what is the difference between a "race" and "street" akropovich exhaust????

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 29 April 2000).]

To my understanding and what was relayed to me is as follows-- the race only pipe has tapered primary tubes(stepped design) with cross over tubes to equalize exhaust pulse and backpressure to improve smoothness throughout the powerband.The can has a race baffle installed which increases flow a little,and is also a tad louder.Oringally the catalogs showed the Hayabusa pipes as being "Sport Production" and everything else being "Race".I was told that the price increase came from Arkrapovic when they decided to drop the sport pipi and make only the race pipe-which they should have done all along in my opion.

Back