Airbox...

Shmoo

Registered
Hey,
I've heard so many different aspects of airbox mods. Can somebody give me sound advice and parts/manufact tips?

idea.gif
I have dual exhaust (after market performance), and I don't plan on changing it out (I like the dual look). So, with my PCIIIr, TRE, 16 tooth front sprocket, and maintaining duals, shoot me the details on what would be good for this basic setup. Thanks guys!

Just go with a high volume air filter.BMS is a little better in my opinion. If you do a large box mod then the top end (very little) is lost from the ram air. If you do a airbox mod, the small mod or medium mod seems a better choice.

Here are a couple of sites with directions on completing the small airbox mod.

Or you can buy a complete full airbox mod from

Small Box mod OR just remove the flapper valve. It keeps the velocity of the air high.
A BIG box mod is generally too much for a stock motor.

a lot of airflow technology was applied by suzuki in the development of the airbox. Go with a High flow filter. The last thing you want to do is mess up the airflow characteristics into the motor. . Unless you radically modify the motor- that airbox WORKS ...

That is true, for a stock bike!
EVERYTHING you do to it changes that tho.
Better exhaust means more air out.
More air out means the motor wants more air in!
Cams mean, valves open further, stays open longer.
Motor wants more air.
I had, what I consider an almost stock Busa.
Yosh RS-3 mufflers, Yosh cams, BMC race filter.

I went from 130 mph in 6th gear (so there wouldn't be any shifting issues), from point A to point B.
1 mile.
At point A, I stabbed the throttle open.
At point B, I slammed it shut.
I went 183mph on my GPS.

I went straight home and did a small airbox mod.

I went straight back out there and did the exact same run....
I went 188mph on my GPS.

It WORKS!

Sorry i'm trying to get a service manuel but the shop wants 95.00 bucks !!!!!!!!!

Just go with a high volume air filter.BMS is a little better in my opinion. If you do a large box mod then the top end (very little) is lost from the ram air.  If you do a airbox mod, the small mod or medium mod seems a better choice.
Hi and hello from rainy England.

I have done the following,
Homemade TRE
Fitted race cans (Prefer the look of two pipes)
Removed PAIR
Removed CATS
Relocated IATS
Removed meshing in RAM
Sealed RAM
Fitted short stacks
Done the small airbox mod, removed flapper and enlarged the opening to the size of the filter.

Was going to do the large airbox mod next, will I really lose
top end? If so then I won't do, as I do flyers.
Cheers
soapbox.gif

Back