AFTERMARKET EXHAUST/RE-MAPPING?

OB_KZZ1

Registered
IF I INSTALL AN AFTERMARKET EXHAUST, WILL THE BIKE'S COMPUTER COMPENSATE FOR THE AFTERMARKET EXHAUST AND STILL RUN GOOD OR WILL I HAVE TO BUY A PC COMMANDER II AND REMAP?

For best results you should have your bike on a dyno and properly mapped for the pipe. You DO NOT have to get the PC II, your computer can be mapped with the yosh box. It's worth the extra money spent to get the most from your pipe.

Ride Safe, Roberto

Pc and yosh do same thing in end...change fuel settings. Research this and you`ll see a lot of different opinions on this. I have both with a preference to the yosh due to its simplicity and like the idea one box can do any number of bikes although it is not quite as adjustable. Have got a friend comparing his times now at strip with yosh and PC. He personally likes the yosh also from his experiences also but I am only one opinion of many.

Interesting …I have recently installed the PC II and re-mapped for the Yosh RS-3 race only slip-ons. Experiencing a hesitation / stutter between 2000 & 3000 rpm's in 1st and 2nd gears? (Any solutions guys?) Otherwise a definite improvement.

Your bike is too lean through the lower rpm's.

This is were you need to richen it up.

low range-mid range-high range

the low range.

The stutter you are experiencing is due to ignition retardation. Here in England, cutting the Pink wire cures the problem but in the US will cause major engine damage if you do this as the bike will run seriously lean.

The difference between the Yosh box and the PCII is twofold: -

1) The Yosh box writes directly to the EPROM in the ICU, the PCII doesn't, it stores its settings in itself.

2) The Yosh box will only remap the "Fuel Curve" in three areas namely "LOW" "MID" and "HIGH" rpm range and will not touch the "Ignition Curve". The PCII can map both the "Fuel Curve" and "Ignition Curve" at 1000 rpm increments.

If you are fitting a full after market race system like the Yosh 4:2:1 RS3 you must have the bike richened (if by a Yosh box)5% "LOW" +5% "MID and +5% "HIGH" otherwise the bike will run lean and engine damage could result.

My own personal preference is the PCII due to its flexibility and the fact that English gas is a minimum of 95 RON so the "Ignition Curve" can be changed with positive results.

I hope that this is of some help.

Have a real nice day.

Z

Motorhead
Thanks for the info. But as I am no technical head and only just learning about FI (No dealers or mechanics to ask or assist you here) can you just explain a bit more….. What do you mean by bottom? Are you referring to the lower Throttle openings in Table 3 or Table 1? And no I have not modified the airbox. Really appreciate any assistance that you can give.

Low rev. Hesitation / Stutter with the RS-3 Race Only slip-ons, seems to have gone now that I re-mapped the PC II using map (M304-004.map for Yoshimura race only duplex full exhaust system with Stock air filter). I haven’t yet taken the bike out for a high speed /rev performance check yet? But it’s stopped the low speed stuttering around town where the bike gets most of its use.

YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT REALY COMPENSATE LIKE A CLOSED LOOP MASS AIR SYSTEM DOES.YOU HAVE SPEED DENSITY AND IT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED TO ANY MOD THAT WILL ALTER POWER OR CURVE ETC.

THE YOSH MAKES 3 hp less on my busa with stock pipes and air box mod.cannot get proper mix because of the increments the yosh works in.

If you do not fully understand why and what your changing in your map, or the impact it may have. I recommend you have someone else do it. Or DISCUSS it with someone you can trust and is reputable until you do.

The mapping is not something you want to pick-up off this site if you are not familiar.

I say this because I have seen this type of post for almost a year now and I am always surprised by some of the comments.

The lack of understanding is what creates the wide variation of opinions.

Just my humble opinion.

As you know I loaded that ti-force map then went down one on the low end to get the best compromise thus far. It worked fairly well. The days have now been heating up to 85 or so now and the nights have gotten warmer as well. The bike apparently doesnt react well to this, I saw my temp gauge climb past the halfway point for the first time the other day while idling. Also the hesitation is back as well as the bogging when taking off from lights, I have to overrev it to get started. It only does this when heated up past the halfway point. I remember motorhead saying that the fuel pump doesnt work properly when hot. At this point I'm still waiting for the muzzy map from dynojet hoping that will solve all this shitt once and for all. If not I'll either switch to the yosh or get ready to fork over some cash for dyno tuning. One things for certain, there's a ton of guys here that have played this PC2 game as well and its not reflecting well on the product. What makes it suck worse is that I put a muzzy on my 2000 XX without ever touching anything and the PGMFI worked surgically perfect. And I mean perfect. Not rich, not lean, flawless. I want this problem solved so I can move on to other things such as cams, compresssion bump, etc. I'm sick of fuking with it but I think the muzzy map from dynojet will cure all.

Back