After market fans

B@DA$$08BUS@

Donating Member
Registered
After market fans versus stock fans, how much difference does the mod make? Experts please chime in.

not an expert but I like the OE fan. There's a good pitch in the blades. I also have a muzzy Al fan in my secondary fan assembly. I adjusted each blade with as much pitch as i could without it hitting the rad.

Way back when someone complained that their aftermarket exhaust header melted the OE fan blades so they switched to the muzzy Al fan to prevent any melting. I've checked by OE fan blades and there has never been any signs of them even beginning to melt or distort. Personaly I feel it was just internet buzz that drove alot of people to get an Al fan blade. Can Al handle heat longer than plastic... yes. The choice is up to you.

Never seen the OEM Fan blades melt or the edges for that matter. I do run the aluminum fan on my busa though and I do like Commuta and adjust the bldes with a little mor pitch to push a little bit more air

I have the factory plastic on my 07 with a 1000 plastic fan on the other side. Never had any problems. :thumbsup:

My stock plastic blades did melt.. Replaced stock fan blade with a Muzzy and also replaced 2nd fan blade with a Muzzy.. :thumbsup:

With the combo of the fan blades, moving the AIS into the ram air tube and I also run a generic type of engine ice I have no more vapor lock issues.. :beerchug:

It's all about being cool.. :peace:

Last edited:
My stock plastic blades did melt.. Replaced stock fan blade with a Muzzy and also replaced 2nd fan blade with a Muzzy.. :thumbsup:

With the combo of the fan blades, moving the AIS into the ram air tube and I also run a generic type of engine ice I have no more vapor lock issues.. :beerchug:

It's all about being cool.. :peace:

WOW!!!. ... I know turbo setups that run less than that and have no issues.

I had a zx11 that had no business on the street before the busa and a muzzy blade with the blades tweaked and it was a million times better.

When I look at the Muzzy vs the OEM, the blades are bigger on the Muzzy.
I feel this would tend to block more air coming through the rad at higway speed when the fan is not moving.
There is a trade off by the engineers at Suzuki, to have blades big enough to cool it at no or low speed and small enough to let air through at highway speed.
I like the OEM one, have never had melting of the blades, and no cooloing problems.

When I look at the Muzzy vs the OEM, the blades are bigger on the Muzzy.
I feel this would tend to block more air coming through the rad at higway speed when the fan is not moving.
There is a trade off by the engineers at Suzuki, to have blades big enough to cool it at no or low speed and small enough to let air through at highway speed.
I like the OEM one, have never had melting of the blades, and no cooloing problems.

Wouldnt the blades be turning by themselves when going at high speeds due to the air flowing through them???

At what point did any of you do a fan check??? were there heat indicators i.e. smell of melted plastic, overheating, not hearing the fan running (when moving slow/at idle), routine maintenance or simple desire to have an aftermarket b/c joe schmoo recommended it??? :whistle:
just wondering when i should check mine...

Last edited:
mine melted on a trip to padre...don't know when exactly, but I was in traffic over 100* ambient temp( I remember the asphalt sticking to truck tires) never overheated because I'd lane share to keep moving but it got up there. when I locked up the busa @ the hotel, noticed the fan was melted (disc lock & cable... my face was close enough when I was attaching it so it got my attention since it looked outta place)

ahh okay...mine overheated to the point of not starting once, we were waiting in line to get into the Gator National Dragraces. while waiting and inching forward i would shut the bike off and restart rather than allowing the fan a chance to do its job properly. once cool enough it did fire back up and no more problems from there...

My Muzzy blades were put on to help with the dreaded '99-'00 vapor lock issues that some have.. And yes the fan is spinning anytime the bike is moving, the faster you go the faster it spins.. :thumbsup:

ps; that's when I found the melted stock fan..

Back