A REAL cafe racer

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
When I used to upgrade old superbikes, the BIKE BARN always had the obscure part I needed (ex. right rearset for 1979 Yamaha XS-11 Raask racing peg assembly).
I'm still on their e mail list and this incredible 1970 Honda K-1 restoration pic just came in.
I guarantee if you ride this up to a crowd of parked motorcyclists (ie Malibu Rock Store on Sundays) it will garner more attention than a MV Agusta F4!
If a person isn't intrigued by this example, then that person is missing a chapter in their knowledge of motorcycles! Raydog

cafeemail120.jpg

Have you seen the NEW Norton Commando 961 Cafe Racer :thumbsup:

If a Dealer comes within 300 miles of here I'am buying :cheerleader:

Mean While, I'll just have to settle slobering :drooling3: over the Picture on the Cover of this months Cafe Racer Mag :beerchug:

Ill be the loaner looking at the F4. Lol. I can appreciate those bikes but I know so little about them and they're way before my time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill be the loaner looking at the F4. Lol. I can appreciate those bikes but I know so little about them and they're way before my time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now now, just because I wasn't there when Bethoven was around, doesn't mean I can't appreciate a full volume symphony! Doyle

True. I like em but its just not me. I'm just not a old school guy. Like the model a's and 40's-50's hot rods. They're all cool but not me. I like that bike way better than first gen gsxrs and such. Way more personality.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats cool, is stuff like this that has turned into what we ride! :beerchug:

Delicious...That would be a dream day to track that bike for a day...What a beauty...thanks for sharing...2hip

Awesome.
Growing up my older bro and all his friends had KZ100s and Gs1100s but one of them always had Truimphs and Nortons. Really cool bikes they were as is the above one.
Just not sure if my 6'4 frame would fit on it.

Have you seen the NEW Norton Commando 961 Cafe Racer :thumbsup:

If a Dealer comes within 300 miles of here I'am buying :cheerleader:

Mean While, I'll just have to settle slobering :drooling3: over the Picture on the Cover of this months Cafe Racer Mag :beerchug:

You're so right! I used to have a 1975 Norton Commando 850 electric start with disc brakes. As usual, I hate myself for selling it. The new ones are so beautiful and unique (and probably way superior than the original ones).

That is one cool looking bike in the pic! Looks like it would be fun to take out for a little ride. Thanks for sharing the pic with all of us Raydog.

Back