a little help please!

bamatitan

Registered
:please: can some of you experienced tuner types help me out?my bike is an 04 with the small airbox mod ,k&n filter and my stock cans have been shortend to half their original legnth.does this this combo need a pc3 and if so where can i find a good map for it.the bike doesnt seem right in 1st thru 3 just cruising under 4500 rpm .it stumbles and surges not bad but enough to notice.any help would be greatly appreciated.

my op= no you dont need a pc, it would not hert to have one but no you dont need it!

all your doing is small mods, cut cans and airfilter you took some back presure out of it and freed up some air going in!

you may be a little on the lean side , but a little lean is good !

did you have any problems befor the mods?
with the timeing retarted it has some stubleing in lower rpm, i can not say that is your problem but it is comon!

if your worried have the air fuel mix tested and tuned, resinc the throtle bodys ex ! a nice simple tune up !

what yr is it and how many miles, last valve ajustment ex !

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.its an 04 with a little over 10k.the valves have never been adj. nor the throttle bodies syncd.i talked to a mechanic at a dealership this morning and he said he thought it may need more fuel and said he thought the throttle body sync was probally not needed.i have a gipro with the smart tre but the tre is in the stock position should i try the 5th gear map?thanks again for the help

10K is not a lot of miles brother. I had an '06 with 36K and never touched it. I would remove the T R E and see what happens.

Back