A few things we need to cover

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey folks please bear with me this could be a long one........

At the bash this year I had the opportunity to sit back and quietly watch members from all over the country. We had young,old,middle aged,male,female and yet we all got along and had a great time in each others company. I think that it is important that we continually identify what we do right in life and learn from others mistakes on what they have done wrong. I think that one thing that has historically made this website thrive is the mature nature of the members. The average age of a busa pilot has been 43 for years but I noticed something this weekend. The busa has been around for almost 10 years and when the bike first came out most younger riders couldn't afford insurance on a bike like the busa or the payments on a bike that cost so much. What I realized is that there are a lot of younger riders out there and as the Busa ages our membership will begin to see an influx of younger riders. I have no problem with this, it brings new life to the site and hopefully us old guys can offer a few of lifes lessons and the younger crowd can explain new things to us. With this said I think that there have to be a few ground rules that we all continue to live by here on the site as well as at work and with family and friends.

1. Respect others.
2. It's Okay to disagree with someone else.
3. Honor, Integrity, Courage and Honesty creates the backbone of a true American
4. Take care of your family, then your neighbors... It all starts at home.

After the bash my wife and I went to FORT OGLETHORPE in Georgia, we specifically went to see the Chickamauga National Military Park where some 34,000 Americans died in one battle that lasted 2 days. My wifes 5th great grandfather fought there and we went to find specific information about his service. While going through the museum I was still on the bash high, meaning that I was still absorbing all of the fun and thinking of the friendships we have made here. I saw the following lines of text on the wall and thought we might be able to learn from this... the first paragraph captures the main question as I applied it to the site.

why.jpg

Now I am in no way trying to say that we can compare the problems and disagreements on the board with the problems that our country had in the past... However the first paragraph ask a great question that can be used here... Why? What are the limits of the site and what would it take for a couple of members to disagree so much that they would begin to argue or even fight over something? As long as we are all conscience of these types of things then we will continue with acceptance and understanding. As the site grows we must remember that there will be more differences in the members as they come on and begin to post. We have to make sure that we respect their beliefs and do not make personal attacks at someone becuase they think differently. We must be open and willing to learn new things and have a level of acceptance.

I also read this and I believe this next image with all my heart, what has bound us strong has been our acceptance and willingness to do whatever it takes to keep the spirit of the site alive. Abraham Lincoln said this....

house.jpg

We can choose to disagree with others and move on or we can split the site and divide it in which we will surely lose everything we have made.

I need everyone to be respectful of others opinions and know that while you might not agree we are all here for the same reason, a simple motorcycle thats called a Hayabusa. While that seems too simple its true, we all have come here to gain information and build relationships. Nothing I repeat nothing is more important that the relationships that we build here. We must assure that we never do anything that will divide our house.

Just to make sure this is clear, we have no problems on the site, everything is well. We need to always be on the lookout for things that could cause problems and rectify them before they become issues. Just someting to be thinking about.

God Bless you all....

Cap

Last edited:
I am one of the younger guys I suppose (26 years old), and this site has taught me a lot about life (I guess that is how to put it). It didn't really teach me anything that I didn't know, but it showed me that there really are people out there that care. If I hadn't seen all of the support, help, donations, etc. that have been made here by fellow members, I probably wouldn't be as kind/giving to strangers that are in need. I use to hang out with an entire group of guys on bikes, now I don't even want to be seen riding with them. This site has taught me that showing off is not cool and having some good old fun is. I have seen a lot of stand up guys here in the past couple of years and I have met a handful of them. You are all worth having as friends/family in my book!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Well said
beerchug.gif
By the way the hospital where I work is about two blocks from the museum. You may have noticed it up the hill on the right.

As always, thank you for Hayabusa.org. The friends I have made here are priceless
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

I agree with you cap! I believe its better to think ahead, instead of looking back and regreting. And in my opinion, you are thinking ahead by posting this thread!!!
beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif

The maturity of this site is why I keep coming back. Someday I will even get a chance to meet more of the fellow Busa riders on this site.

beerchug.gif

Perfect timing Cap, as we West Coasters finish our 3 day experience in the mountains with many non Busa guys. A couple of liter bike guys asked me, "are you Busa guys part of that ORG thing?" After saying yes, I put my helmet on and laughed to myself, thinking, "I can't believe I have to represent and be an example...because I'm a Hayabusa rider!" It's like when I was a Marine...all Armed Services are to be respected...but I'm a Marine.....all motorcycles are to be admired, but I'm on a Hayabusa" Anyways, this ORG is responsible for many relationships being formed, and that doesn't have a pricetag. Respectfully, Doyle

everyone i have met here at group rides has been nothing but a stand up guy and yes its the maturity of the people that i like today while on a large group ride with a mixed bag of riders and not the usual busa group it got a little testosterone filled by some guys who we dont normally ride with it long story short a busa rider who also rides with another local group said he liked riding with the org guys because theres just a higher level of maturity and in the long run maturity in this game pays off great post Cap
thumb_up.gif

very well said CAp
beerchug.gif
i have to say that overall, this is the best group of people with which i have ever been associated...thanks for giving us this place to meet, share info and laughs, and develop friendships...i wouldn't take anything for the people i have met and the good times we have shared...we aren't always going to agree on every subject but there isn't a single member in good standing that i wouldn't do anything i could to help if they needed it
thumb_up.gif

1. Respect others.
2. It's Okay to disagree with someone else.
3. Honor, Integrity, Courage and Honesty creates the backbone of a true American
4. Take care of your family, then your neighbors... It all starts at home.
Words to live by, especially this part.

--Wag--

I am one of the younger guys I suppose (26 years old), and this site has taught me a lot about life (I guess that is how to put it).  It didn't really teach me anything that I didn't know, but it showed me that there really are people out there that care.  If I hadn't seen all of the support, help, donations, etc. that have been made here by fellow members, I probably wouldn't be as kind/giving to strangers that are in need.  I use to hang out with an entire group of guys on bikes, now I don't even want to be seen riding with them.  This site has taught me that showing off is not cool and having some good old fun is.  I have seen a lot of stand up guys here in the past couple of years and I have met a handful of them.  You are all worth having as friends/family in my book!  
beerchug.gif
+1,000,000 I totally agree.

I too am one of the younger busa riders ( 27 ) and the knowledge and companionship I have recieved from this org compares to no other. Thankyou cap for giving all of us a place to call HOME !!!

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

clap.gif

The respect level, and kindness shown here is like no other I have seen anywhere. It is the essence of the oRg. It also makes me proud to represent it.

I am 36 and have been riding since I was 14. I always take the chance to learn something new from anyone I can, regardless of age. I am proud to be member of this organization, and I have said it before, I have never met a finer group of people anywhere. Thank you everyone, I have built some great relationships since joining this board, and look forward to making many more. Be safe my friends.
beerchug.gif

Im one of the older guys 44 yrs old. I think this is the best busa forum with a great bunch of guy and gals who get along well and help each other out.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
great post Captain. I guess I am helping keep the average age up there, 58.

Back