A decision I gotta make in a few days...

mgnsn24

Registered
Getting ready to install my hotbodies undertail in a few days. Question: Where should I install the license plate? I have mixed thoughts. Should I install it under the undertail or get a bracket for $100. and install it on the swingarm horizontally? I appreciate all the org's replies.

What does your local Laws regarding tag mount say?
It can make all the difference in the world...I know first hand.

Just checked with local pd. They said it just needs a light and be able to be seen for 25 feet. I'm sure every officers opinions are different. Kinda leaning to put a G3 swingarm mount. Placing it horizontal. What do you all think? I just don't want to drill holes into undertail and put a bracket in there. Doesn't it look better if there is no license plate in there? I don't get out riding too much with other hayabusas so I am taking this information and using it. Thank you all for your responses.

I like the vert swing arm mounts with the led nuts, but it might not be legal where you are at.

I didn't want to mount the plate onto my Hotbodies undertail for my RC51, but ended up doing it a year later! Looks way better and was an easy install. I don't run a plate light. I figure if a LEO pulls me over, their lights will illuminate it!:rofl:

My 2 cents. I think they look a lot nicer under the undertail and it also extends the slop protection
a little further. I would also make sure it's legally lighted.!!
Drill baby drill..!! :laugh:

Back