99-00 manual on 07??

woodrrow

Registered
I have to pull the transmission on my 07 to replace 2nd gear.

Would it be wise to use the 99-00 busa manual linked in the Maint. DIY section for pulling the trans?

I have to pull the transmission on my 07 to replace 2nd gear.

Would it be wise to use the 99-00 busa manual linked in the Maint. DIY section for pulling the trans?

Yowza, no wonder you never called to do that fork seal job!

I think your gonna have to remove the engine and split the cases to access the gears. BIG job.
We did it in my garage to a Yam 600 and had to completely dismantle the engine to its component parts to get to the bad gear...

Yea, getting a new tire tomorrow. HID+Halo combo as soon as it arrives. Fork seals, and gears. Time to ' git 'r dun'

You can use the 99-00 manual. There are only really small changes in the manuals. If it makes you feel better, you can download the updates for your year of busa.

Good luck with your project Ben, no small task,let me know if I can help! :thumbsup:

Dont forget to get a lower gasket set, new head gasket, and maybe new piston rings. Its a good time to put in 2 intake cams and some high compression stock bore pistons too....if you have the extra money.

def need the proper tools - e-bay - engine removal sockets. lower end gaskets. Have your gears back cut while they are out. this will prevent gear slippage in the future. Also - again if you have the $$$, send your crank to APE for a lighten and balance and remove the crank balancer.

You can use the 99-00 manual. There are only really small changes in the manuals. If it makes you feel better, you can download the updates for your year of busa.

Where can I find these updates?

Thanks for all the input fellas..
LA Busa offered to let me use his garage, and he's going to help me with fork seals this weekend. What a swell guy :beerchug:

I'll either take up LA Busa on his offer or I have a friend in Mobile who is a car mechanic who also has a fully stocked garage. I'm going to get all my parts & tools together and get all my research done before I dive into this. But I'm sure I could use some local input from you guys once I tear into it. It's gonna be a big job.

Dont forget to get a lower gasket set, new head gasket, and maybe new piston rings. Its a good time to put in 2 intake cams and some high compression stock bore pistons too....if you have the extra money.

Battman have you done this before? I want to pick someone's brain who has opened the tranny before. I'm on somewhat of a budget right now so doubt I'll have the cash for high compression pistons/intake cams + tune.

I just did it last weekend for the first time. i used the manual. It took some time, but it wasnt that bad. i had to call a few board members to answer questions. if you had all the right parts, you can do it all in a day.

Once you do it the first time, you'll learn alot and you will easily be able to do it again. Feel free to ask me questions.

Back