79 Elcamino w/Little Something Special

Skywalker

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I have posted my photo's in the past of the 1970.5 Z28 I have and for approx 25 years I have known where the actual true matching motor and tranny was. It was with an old highschool friend and I do mean this is the motor and tranny that came down the assembly line and still has the VIN numbers as it was rebult many years ago and was not decked so number are still there! If you know what I mean that will had just a few dollars value to this true 70.5 Z28. here is the Z28 and my now new to us 79 Elcamino. The LT1 has less then 10,000 miles on it. Although the motor belonged to my bud Ricky, the car was title to his dad whom and he is the one that kept it all these years and he is 80 years old! Sounds crazy, the car never left South Knox County in Knoxvill TN, not far from the Dragon. I flew in last Saturday and bought it Sunday and drove all 1300 miles back to Colorado Springs. Have a few hot cars on the interstate that just could not understand why that Elcamino was so hard to pass! LOL :laugh: She is still original block/crank/pink rods/TRW pistons at 11 to 1 with heads shaved and running 12 to 1 compression and about 425 HP! that 308 ring gear makes a nice little cruzer! Now, when the time comes I'll have to do an engine swap of course and make sure it's all dolled up to sit in the Z28! :cheerleader:

Z28 Emblem Rear Spoiler Aug 09 001.jpg

Z28 Emblem Rear Spoiler Aug 09 003.jpg

1979 Elcamino 001.jpg

1979 Elcamino 002.jpg

1979 Elcamino 008.jpg

Last edited:
that is a sweet situation...will be well worth the time and effort when you get the pieces put back together again :beerchug:

i got an engine for you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

im about to part it out if i cant sell it. Randy suggested that a while back but im lazy

Man, I have a wonderful engine in the Z28 fo the past 23 years and it's killer, now I have the true LT1 and I have a 454 in the garage as well. I'm about in the dog house already! And I want be checking it with my dip stick "JIMMY" :rofl:

i got an engine for you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

im about to part it out if i cant sell it. Randy suggested that a while back but im lazy

That elcamino is a piece of crap. I wouldnt have it on my property if I were you.

WANT TO SELL IT:rofl::laugh:

Last edited:
It is smelling pretty bad out in the driveway, the neighbors are already looking and I told my kid he is now officially a red neck based off the car he drives. :whistle:
That elcamino is a piece of crap. I wouldnt have it on my property if I were you.

WANT TO SELL IT:rofl::laugh:

I'm thinking my Baxley mounted in the ElCamino would make a very good Busa hauler. Now, where to go to in a car that needs a fill up every 2 1/2 hours. I just ran the numbers on the Holey which is not the original Holley but the one he put on is an 800 CFM. No wonder it's a gasaholic
i AM DROLLING. :)

I'm thinking my Baxley mounted in the ElCamino would make a very good Busa hauler. Now, where to go to in a car that needs a fill up every 2 1/2 hours. I just ran the numbers on the Holey which is not the original Holley but the one he put on is an 800 CFM. No wonder it's a gasaholic

You can do that without touching the bed....

DSC00980 (Medium).JPG

Hey back and forth to the gas station. :) Still will be fun.

Back