65th anniversery...December 7, 1941.

(RaveCrusader @ Dec. 06 2006,17:32) Great thread, hard to believe it has been 65 years since that happened.

Not many of the WWII vets left nowadays
very few.

The greatest generation of people ever. Will never be matched.

runeight...

18.jpg

(RaveCrusader @ Dec. 06 2006,16:32) Great thread, hard to believe it has been 65 years since that happened.

Not many of the WWII vets left nowadays
If you ever get a chance to talk w/ a vet from WWII consider it a blessing...all the gents from the greatest generation will be gone soon.

Just head down to your local post...I once met and had a beer at one here in Tampa...the guy flew p-51s and Corsairs in WWII...the stories were simply amazing. I bought him all the beers he wanted of course...only like a $1 at the posts.

nice picutres, i have allways been a navy history nut.
the wife and me are heading to hawaii this coming spring.
beautiful pictures of island you took.

My grandfather was in the navy at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, mechanic on one of the ships, never did find out which one sadly. He recieved a purple heart for pulling a fellow sailor out of a AA turret and manning it himself while having a shrapnel injurry to his leg. Still had the shrapnel in his leg when he passed away a few years ago.

(BigmanZ @ Dec. 07 2006,18:13) My grandfather was in the navy at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked, mechanic on one of the ships, never did find out which one sadly. He recieved a purple heart for pulling a fellow sailor out of a AA turret and manning it himself while having a shrapnel injurry to his leg. Still had the shrapnel in his leg when he passed away a few years ago.
SHOCKED.gif
WOW! Unless he didn't like to, I hope you had the opp. to talk with him about that era.

Back