44MM VS 46MM carbs

davapors

Registered
Coulds someone explain why the 08 busa went from 46mm in 07 down to 44 mm carb in 08. And would going back to 46mm size add power. I'm not talking about putting 07 carbs on an 08 but putting 46mm on the 08.

I guess you're talking throttle bodies. Can't answer your question technically, but I know the Gen II is making more power using the same engine with a few new components.

you have to consider the whole package to understand why the change in tb size. Just to name a few changes, the exhaust system, CR, air box are all different. It might make sense why the decrease in size.

you have to consider the whole package to understand why the change in tb size. Just to name a few changes, the exhaust system, CR, air box are all different. It might make sense why the decrease in size.
add to that, air velocities, moving torque curve up or down, fuel atomization, throttle response

All speculation on your part. Now why did they do it ??? They new about the EPA crackdown years ago :laugh:

great answers since we dont care about epa do think we could get more power with the original size throttle bodies more air in and more air out theory. They put in larger cams as well I tend to belive dadofthree on the epa thing. Maybe we can get some tuners to chim in they will probably no best.

bottom line, since Suzuki engineered the whole thing, they determined the 44mm tb's were the best compromise.

All speculation on your part. Now why did they do it ??? They new about the EPA crackdown years ago :laugh:
is actually pretty basic stuff for intake design criteria... 2 valve design falls back on this as well.. better velocity at the cost of some cfm..

Back