3 - 5 - 10 year plans

…. and if we are playing Show and Tell there’s the watercooled ones…

AA010769-44DA-400C-82B0-41C5A2EF5AAE.jpeg

58825E25-3BC2-4FE0-8D4F-1E104C881E39.jpeg

329F675D-E113-4B3F-A74A-C72F7D38B837.jpeg

Looks like I will never ride again. My wreck two years ago sealed my fate. I now have medical issues, my age , and told my wife I would stop. I loved my Busa, and had no desire for anything else.
Sorry to hear that bro , I knew your accident was a bad one , and ride retirement was probable . Hope you will continue to share your wealth of ride knowledge and Busa ownership experience with your org. family .

Looks like I will never ride again. My wreck two years ago sealed my fate. I now have medical issues, my age , and told my wife I would stop. I loved my Busa, and had no desire for anything else.
....all that and you are still here hanging with us....that says a lot about what this forum stands for...

I guess there comes a time when you hang up the gear...we all get to that point.

Black bikes and Silver / Black bike had different coloured front calipers and swingarms. The two 08’s and the UK / AU etc’s blue 2010.

View attachment 1643064

View attachment 1643065

View attachment 1643066
The U.S got the top 2 colors in 2008, black or silver.
Only there were several variations that I personally saw.
Either color came with a black OR chrome round clutch cover.
Either color came with a black OR silver swingarm.
Both colors had black Nissin calipers.
I have also seen the U.S. B-King with And Without ABS, mine did not have it.
I always attributed that to the B-king being a one year bike, and having a small variation of parts.
I also read that most of the total B-king production was in 07-08, and assembled later, as it was still sold in other markets.
And, that since it's planned supercharger died late in the game, is why there is no factory ram-air.
It seems like the B-King barely made it to production, but thankfully it did.
It's interesting to see the small differences.

Well, I must admit I pretty much ride the BMW now. But when I occasionally ride the Busa it's instant love. What a simply amazing bike. The Busa is one of those perfect bikes. My health was going down fast and I really was getting to the point that digging the Busa out of the garage alone wore me out. With the COVID slow down I really was living better. Eating better, lost about 25 lbs and with my 60th birthday coming up I feel like I'm 15 years younger - so I find myself longing for a boogy on the Busa more and more.

I'm also getting the urge to do some more work on the Busa, but right now the extra money is going to my guns. I have become a full-blown gun-gadget guy. That's very hard to explain to my liberal friends: "No, guns really are a lot of fun and I now have regular friends I see at the range". Haha not making me the most popular guy at the dinner parties.

I am warming up to the Gen 3 though. I'm still saving those funds in case I get the itch. I would probably look at a slightly used one in 3-5 years.

Well, I must admit I pretty much ride the BMW now. But when I occasionally ride the Busa it's instant love. What a simply amazing bike. The Busa is one of those perfect bikes. My health was going down fast and I really was getting to the point that digging the Busa out of the garage alone wore me out. With the COVID slow down I really was living better. Eating better, lost about 25 lbs and with my 60th birthday coming up I feel like I'm 15 years younger - so I find myself longing for a boogy on the Busa more and more.

I'm also getting the urge to do some more work on the Busa, but right now the extra money is going to my guns. I have become a full-blown gun-gadget guy. That's very hard to explain to my liberal friends: "No, guns really are a lot of fun and I now have regular friends I see at the range". Haha not making me the most popular guy at the dinner parties.

I am warming up to the Gen 3 though. I'm still saving those funds in case I get the itch. I would probably look at a slightly used one in 3-5 years.
I've been eye-balling more carbon fiber-I checked out a CF front nose cone, air intakes and fender lately...I could get it all for under $2k.....in the same breath, I hesitate to spend much on a bike that sits for more than 6 months a year....

@Bumblebee , we know you ain't one to ever complain about much , acceptance of your seasons is another example . But Sarge , I would think a little order of some bling bits for your beast would be a good thing to receive over the winter , all fitted at your leisure , and ready for spring rides .
Honestly, I am pretty cautious with spending being retired and all...I did get a little CF to replace the rear signal light pods though....I have the wife almost sold on more CF but I need new tires for the truck in the spring and those 20 inch tires aren't cheap...

Honestly, I am pretty cautious with spending being retired and all...I did get a little CF to replace the rear signal light pods though....I have the wife almost sold on more CF but I need new tires for the truck in the spring and those 20 inch tires aren't cheap...
Priorities are always going to come first , the bike is good enough as we know already anyway , and your missus sounds like the very best , all good Sarge .

Priorities are always going to come first , the bike is good enough as we know already anyway , and your missus sounds like the very best , all good Sarge .
All good brother Toad, we just bought a new pricy snow blower so I have to lie low for a little bit until I spring more sending on her...she watches over our finances as a left over from the days I was deployed all the time.

One year ago 10/24/20 I moved on , and regret losing RJ . While the Tigers are awesome , and in the real world better every day long haul rides they just don't quiet scratch the Hayabusa itch .
The bigger issue was a the nudge by wife , and close friend to hang up the high speed bullet train . I used RJ's 207 hp at every chance , and intoxication of the ride beat everything ever in comparison . Last Saturday I almost said screw it , and bought the white gen 3 @ Iron Supply . However had a strong feeling it wouldn't go over well @ home life . We know the saying happy wife = happy life .
This last year I have maybe 40 hours in service / modifying the Tiger 1200 XCX , and rode it 12,265 miles in one year . That has been nice in ways of just go RIDE , and the funds saved were great LOL .
I'll admit going 126 mph off road was a huge rush like going 198 mph on the street .
Really see myself back at some point on either a Gen 3 or picking up my brothers 3600 mile 2015 Gen 2 half the price of a gen 3 .
Probably never long distance ride a Hayabusa again due to sheer comfort of Tiger 1200 for touring , and its handling is still super great .
Having this Katana here for last two weeks has not been good at all . Even though its only been ridden twice for a total of 60 ish miles its power / wheelies remind me of RJ .

RJ as a baby with just a windscreen change , and was new ( a few weeks old )
RJ 1st mod wind screen.JPG

One year ago 10/24/20 I moved on , and regret losing RJ . While the Tigers are awesome , and in the real world better every day long haul rides they just don't quiet scratch the Hayabusa itch .
The bigger issue was a the nudge by wife , and close friend to hang up the high speed bullet train . I used RJ's 207 hp at every chance , and intoxication of the ride beat everything ever in comparison . Last Saturday I almost said screw it , and bought the white gen 3 @ Iron Supply . However had a strong feeling it wouldn't go over well @ home life . We know the saying happy wife = happy life .
This last year I have maybe 40 hours in service / modifying the Tiger 1200 XCX , and rode it 12,265 miles in one year . That has been nice in ways of just go RIDE , and the funds saved were great LOL .
I'll admit going 126 mph off road was a huge rush like going 198 mph on the street .
Really see myself back at some point on either a Gen 3 or picking up my brothers 3600 mile 2015 Gen 2 half the price of a gen 3 .
Probably never long distance ride a Hayabusa again due to sheer comfort of Tiger 1200 for touring , and its handling is still super great .
Having this Katana here for last two weeks has not been good at all . Even though its only been ridden twice for a total of 60 ish miles its power / wheelies remind me of RJ .

RJ as a baby with just a windscreen change , and was new ( a few weeks old ) View attachment 1643158
Bryan, you (and the rest of us) know if you got another Hayabusa, you wouldn't have it for 1 minute and the modding plans would be circling your head.....Pro Bolt would be putting on another assembly line team in preparation for your orders of Ti bolts...

3 Years, Hayabusa with no chicken strips.

5 years, Hayabusa with 1/2" chicken strips.

10 years, hayabusa with 3/4" chicken strips for display as collectors item only.

Back