2uponaBusa - Video

lurk.gif
laugh.gif
blush.gif

Was it just me or did that guy use his blinker to indicate he was going into a right hand turn??? And speaking of two-up...

tounge.gif

Wouldn't let me attach the two-up picture.

Trying again!

PS. I think they were being pulled over for a helmet law violation? Don't be a squid, always wear your helmet!

05276qh.jpg

(Shanling @ Mar. 22 2007,10:50) Was it just me or did that guy use his blinker to indicate he was going into a right hand turn??? And speaking of two-up...

tounge.gif
I think that was a flash of sunlight reflecting off the license plate that he didn't remove
mad.gif
It was early in the morning on the first day of DST. Sunrise was about 7:45 and the light levels/angle remained low till about 10.

Looks like he just hammered it out of the turn into the straight-away, that's where the busa would have an advantage... It looked to me like he had plenty of room to blow by
bowdown.gif

(Leo @ Mar. 22 2007,15:07) Looks like he just hammered it out of the turn into the straight-away, that's where the busa would have an advantage... It looked to me like he had plenty of room to blow by  
bowdown.gif
He didn't. It just looks that way because of the wide angle lens. Definetly not in the spirit of the track rules to pass 3 wide setting up for an off camber-blind-drop off.

(newmill @ Mar. 22 2007,17:14)
(Leo @ Mar. 22 2007,15:07) Looks like he just hammered it out of the turn into the straight-away, that's where the busa would have an advantage... It looked to me like he had plenty of room to blow by  
bowdown.gif
He didn't. It just looks that way because of the wide angle lens. Definetly not in the spirit of the track rules to pass 3 wide setting up for an off camber-blind-drop off.
That track is 36' feet wide...you're mid track getting ready to pass the other two bikes. He had
plenty of room, and he was by you well before T3.

It shouldn't surprise you that someone would have passed you...that was a very slow lap. 1:59 from T2 thru T14...thats less than
two miles on a three mile track.

Good vid. thanks. That's one of the reasons I took Sue to the Dragon last year, she wanted to go on the track 2-up. So the next best thing.

The pass looked safe to me  
beerchug.gif

Nice vid placement.  Now you need a 2nd one facing to the rear  
wink.gif

That's a big/fast track for supermotards.  
SHOCKED.gif
  I see a lot of them at Streets of Willow, but that's only a 1.8mile track, slow/tight.

THill has recently carved out what they claim is the largest Supermoto track in the WORLD. It is 9.2 miles, uses 1/2 the pavement and has some pretty severe elevation changes including a 38% vertical climb of 200'. They had a 3 day National event in February with 1100+ participants.

Update to the video:
I was back at the track today and discovered that the Busa driver was none other than.....the track lap time record holder.
all_coholic.gif

Back